The Classics

'Dale

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oude Kwaremont KOM: 2.51 kms at 3.6% on cobbled surface after 247-ish kms of racing and many matches burnt. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-02 at 14.41.53.png

2 hours ago, peetwindhoek said:

he went so fast the others only finished it the next day 😅

Of the previous year 🙃

• 4 months later...

I was wondering what the approach for Pogi and Remco will be to the classics in 2024. Pogi back in with both feet looking for a roubaix cobble or cotton wool for Le Tour. Patrick LF pulling back on Remcos huge workload this year for his debut in France or if Sir Jim open the chequebook will Brailsford have him at altitude and writing essays on how he doesn't have to attack on every day with a Y in it? 

2 hours ago, 'Dale said:

WolfPack and UAE

Roglic is also going. The 2nd time he will be racing against Pogacar this year after Giro dell'Emilia at the end of this month.

So it's a Pog vs Rog vs Remco

13 minutes ago, peepeekaitjie said:

Roglic is also going. The 2nd time he will be racing against Pogacar this year after Giro dell'Emilia at the end of this month.

So it's a Pog vs Rog vs Remco

And Pinots last race. Not that I rate his chances but it anyone is after a fairytale ending then it’s Madiot. Pretty sure he will be out the window and screaming at some point. 

The last road race for the enigmatic Slovakian this weekend. What a bike racer! 
I bought at least two pairs of 100% sunnies, inspired by the brand that is Peter Sagan.

Pic: Team Bora-Hansgrohe

IMG_3131.jpeg

So, Monday... the day Patrick LF said will bring more clarity on the possible mega merger. Weird time with Rogla on the market, Ineos still flirting with Remco / all of QS / not having many riders signed, JV getting sponsored by amazon then not getting sponsored but rather getting sponsored exposure on amazon and maybe destroying the sport by super merging and a load of riders getting twitchy and worried. Just the beautiful chaos of cycling and it's bonkers funding model.