The Classics

'Dale

I am telling myself that Wout is about three weeks behind MvdP in his plan to peak, given that he already has a SB and MSR victory under his belt, he might be targeting the other big Classics instead.

[emoji1696]

Apparently he still needs to lose the weight he gained during the CX season before being at his best on the road.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am telling myself that Wout is about three weeks behind MvdP in his plan to peak, given that he already has a SB and MSR victory under his belt, he might be targeting the other big Classics instead.

I read it in a similar way. Also, MvdP is targeting mtb and whatnot at the olympics, whilst Wout is targeting a green jersey and stage wains (and helping Primoz smoke Bernal in the mountains again) at the Tour. Different goals 3-4 months down the road will have them at different points in their preparation now.

I read it in a similar way. Also, MvdP is targeting mtb and whatnot at the olympics, whilst Wout is targeting a green jersey and stage wains (and helping Primoz smoke Bernal in the mountains again) at the Tour. Different goals 3-4 months down the road will have them at different points in their preparation now.

While they were so busy trying to smoke Bernal, Pogacar bit them in the ass.

I read it as MVP, a month of hard racing, probably 2 weeks recovery, then build for TdF and Olympics.

Alpecin-Fenix have already said they are targeting the first week of the TdF, so expect exciting, explosive and super hard racing from MVP. Depending on how he is feeling, the latter part of the TdF will be a training week for him to prep for the Olympics.

Agree WvA targeting some jersey at the TdF.

Wout said the green jersey is not on the cards this year. If it happens as a result of him being able to win a stage here or there, then yes, but not at the expense of Roglic.

I’ll find the podcast, and you can hear it from his own mouth.

Wout has also been on an altitude training camp with the Team, so he perhaps doesn’t have one day racing legs in him at this point.

I agree that he’s a few weeks from hitting a peak.

Wonder what Nino is thinking now?  MVDP's attack in Siena is the exact same attack he used on Nino I think 2 year's back in a WC race - VDP won of course.

VDP is now 2 years stronger.... and Nino....

I can't wait for the WC events.

In parallel to all this - we are going to see another clash of the TITANS at Flanders and Roubaix.

Wonder what Nino is thinking now? MVDP's attack in Siena is the exact same attack he used on Nino I think 2 year's back in a WC race - VDP won of course.

VDP is now 2 years stronger.... and Nino....

I can't wait for the WC events.

I can't understand that people were surprised at MVDP violent attacks.. Do they not watch XCO or Cyclo-cross.. Hello he's been doing that for fun for some time now. [emoji23]