The Classics

'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How long is MvdP out for?

Some sources say 4 weeks, others say it could be months.

The fact that he had elective surgery on his knee last week means he is likely not able to do much pedalling. Might be a slow or late start to the year for him.

With WvA saying he wants to target the green jersey at TDF this year and looking in good form, spring is looking exciting as heck!

While I clock watch, this was well worth watching. Real exciting finalès from the Australian Nat Champs 💋

C7A968DA-5C5C-4C0F-818A-023AF709F300.png

529F86EB-296A-4805-ACF0-72F7295176D1.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 2:58 PM, Jewbacca said:

How long is MvdP out for?

Some sources say 4 weeks, others say it could be months.

The fact that he had elective surgery on his knee last week means he is likely not able to do much pedalling. Might be a slow or late start to the year for him.

With WvA saying he wants to target the green jersey at TDF this year and looking in good form, spring is looking exciting as heck!

There is a lot of mystery around Mathieu's recovery and rehabilitation time @Jewbacca HIs team manager was interviewed and kept his cards very close to his chest. 

It is about 3 weeks out to the first semi-Classic. Bring it on!

2 minutes ago, 'Dale said:

There is a lot of mystery around Mathieu's recovery and rehabilitation time @Jewbacca HIs team manager was interviewed and kept his cards very close to his chest. 

It is about 3 weeks out to the first semi-Classic. Bring it on!

Yeah, counting down the sleeps!

The tour of Valencia got pretty fun yesterday too. Vlasov looked crazy good in the new Bora kit. He hulk smashed that final climb hard. 

I hope he gets to showcase his form this year after a helluva good 2021.

MvdP is a mystery. But with his genes I'm sure he will be back to form in no time. I'm really hoping the fight for green at the TDF is crazy good this year 

23 minutes ago, Jewbacca said:

Yeah, counting down the sleeps!

The tour of Valencia got pretty fun yesterday too. Vlasov looked crazy good in the new Bora kit. He hulk smashed that final climb hard. 

I hope he gets to showcase his form this year after a helluva good 2021.

MvdP is a mystery. But with his genes I'm sure he will be back to form in no time. I'm really hoping the fight for green at the TDF is crazy good this year 

I watched that finalé. What a fantastic course. Unfortunately, the Belgian youngster from the 'Steppers is getting a lot of negative media after his comments which has the effect of sour grapes for losing the leader's jersey. That bra must chill a bit, especially after being at the centre of the 'controversy' within the Belgian squad after Worlds. 

Vlasov bossed it, yes. On a Style Man note, the Bora' kit is rated as the best looking kit for 2022 in a recent CyclingNews survey, for both men and women.  

“Mathieu is just cycling around as part of his rehabilitation. For a professional cyclist, such short trips fall under the heading of cycling around. It is not a resumption of training,"

Team manager Christoph Roodhooft, on how they are road testing Mathieu's chassis

2nd time with the gogga and back on the bike in his ‘Energie  setup; looking a bit like a Biblical figure in bibs here, wondering what he will be doing. Is there another Monument win for the 32 year old maybe?

1F146150-A0D4-4CFB-9264-049AEBFAC1A1.jpeg

"My goals are later in the spring, hence the conscious choice to build a really broad base. Hopefully, I'll have some extra explosiveness after the first races, so that I’m at my best for Milan-San Remo, then I want to extend that form to Paris-Roubaix,"  - Wout van Aert