[Event] 24 Hours Of Oak Valley

Dirtopia MTB Events

Event Name: 24 Hours Of Oak Valley
When: 28 January 2017 - 29 January 2017
Where: Oak Valley Estate, Elgin Valley, Grabouw, Western Cape, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The mountain bike event all outdoor enthusiasts are looking forward to!

We’ll kick the New Year into action again in the Elgin Valley with riding around the clock. And not only that – camp and socialize with friends and family.

Only pre-entries taken, so get your teams together and enter this fun event. There will be food & drinks for sale and the ever-needed coffee stand. Plus, good facilities and great prizes.

Dates: Saturday 28 January (12h00) – Sunday 29 January (12h00) Mountain Bike Team Relay

Venue: Oak Valley Estate, Elgin Valley, Grabouw, Western Cape

Format: Ride as many 10km laps as you want or can over 24hours. Trail will keep participants busy with singletrack and jeeptrack sections. The course conditions even change over night…

CATEGORIES:

• Solo - Complete Section A: One person that rides as much as he/she wants during the 24 hour period. Open (single sex) Complete Section B: team of 4 riders. LIMITED ENTRIES
  • Mixed – Complete Section B: team of 4 riders (A mix of male and female riders). There must be at least one person from the opposite sex to qualify as a mixed team.
  • OneFourZero -Complete Section B: team of 4 riders. Collective age 140 years +.
  • Fun category - Complete Section C: teams of 5-8 riders.

Note: For Solo, Open, Mixed and One Four Zero categories riders must be 18 years of age and an experienced rider.

Entry fees (Amarider members get R40 discount):

Xmas special - Entry fees received before 31 December 2016:

R1760 (VAT included) per team (Teams of 4 riders and 2 support crew)

R2420 (VAT included) for fun category (teams of 5-8 riders and 2 support crew)

R480 (VAT included) for a solo rider - including 2 support crew

Entry includes:

1. Gate entry to the event (Saturday & Sunday)

2. Camping for two support team members per team or solo rider

3. Event entry fees

4. Campsite & facilities (Saturday night only)

5. Medical assistance 24Hours

6. Powerade and water at the start/finish area for 24Hours (for riders only!)

7. Commemorative Medal to finishers that complete 8 laps & more

8. The opportunity to 'Discover the Soul of Mountain Biking'

How to enter:

1. Solo entrants can simply login and enter as per usual

2. Team entrants: Team captain must please log in and enter and PAY for the team entry. Once completed please return to your dashboard and invite your team members! NB team member must be invited to complete the process.

3. Once the team member receives their invite via email they must log in or create an account and then process their own order. Select their tags, merchandise etc and pay for their additionals. You will be able to see and manage your team by logging in and selecting your team from your dashboard

4. Should you need to make changes to your teams, the team captain is able to login and delete member and invite a new member.

5. Please contact admin@dirtopia or Alanda on 021 884 4752 should you require any help.

Go to Event Page

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm going solo this year after three years of team entries  :clap:

I've always found solo to be easier than riding in a team. You get to ride your pace, with your thoughts for company, and no pressure about performing for the team.

I've always found solo to be easier than riding in a team. You get to ride your pace, with your thoughts for company, and no pressure about performing for the team.

Are you entering again this year?  If you are, I'll just be in one position lower at the end...

Are you entering again this year?  If you are, I'll just be in one position lower at the end...

I am. And if there is anything like "24hr entry remorse" then I certainly have it. I have no idea why I like self-harming so much!

And who knows, anything can happen in 24hrs - I might be that guy towards the bottom of the leaderboard...

such a rad event! 

Dane, you're lucky i'm not entering this one - your title is safe for another year

I know! I was so relieved when my stalker skills revealed that you weren't riding. Still doesn't mean I'm sleeping well at night!

I know! I was so relieved when my stalker skills revealed that you weren't riding. Still doesn't mean I'm sleeping well at night!

in all seriousness i'm bleak that i'm missing it. The vibe is just amazing, and theres something to be said for pedaling your lungs out @ 3am in the morning up some gnarly single track through a pine forest

We had already planned out team comeback and were eyeing a win again, when I realized i'd be in the middle of the indian ocean on a ship.

Maybe 2018!