Found this on OLX

Tony Paulo

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Update is that the guy says he has sold the bike now, but I have sent the cops his cellphone number and they are going to investigate further.

May my bike have gone to a good owner cos DAMN i loved it :mellow:

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Lets hope you get it back.

Followed your adventure on FB. Looked like you guys had an awesome time and what a feat.

Update is that the guy says he has sold the bike now, but I have sent the cops his cellphone number and they are going to investigate further.

May my bike have gone to a good owner cos DAMN i loved it :mellow:

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Anyone buying such an expensive bike for a "steal" is just as guilty as the thugs who stole it! At that price it should trigger a lot of red flags...

Haha! Good thread guys!

Really hope you get your bike back!

Kudos to whatshisname who started this thread, all I'm trying to say is that you should post all other relevant info of the ad on here as well; post the guy's number and link to the ad etc on here as well and not just photos

Glad I could be of some entertainment to some! :clap:

Well done to the OP and others for noticing that this looked a bit dodge.

To the rightful owner, I flipping hope you get you're bike back.

To that other tjop that has now gone all quite, what a dwis. Bike Hub really doesnt need people like you.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Well done to the OP and others for noticing that this looked a bit dodge.

To the rightful owner, I flipping hope you get you're bike back.

To that other tjop that has now gone all quite, what a dwis. Bike Hub really doesnt need people like you.

Sent from my LG-H735 using Tapatalk

Ahhhhhhh :wub:

Haha! Good thread guys!

Really hope you get your bike back!

Kudos to whatshisname who started this thread, all I'm trying to say is that you should post all other relevant info of the ad on here as well; post the guy's number and link to the ad etc on here as well and not just photos

Glad I could be of some entertainment to some! :clap:

http://replygif.net/i/1582.gif

Hi James

I am confident that this is in fact my bicycle. I have reported this to the police who are investigating the case.

Apart from one or two silly posts on this thread, I have only huge gratitude to the cycling community for being alert to strange adverts. The guy is selling a "Rockshock", not listing it as a bike, and he calls it a Specializer without a model name. The advert is dodgy and thanks to a couple of really on point people (a lot of others have sent me private messages), I may even be able to track this guy down and stop him stealing more bikes.

As a COMMUNITY we need to stop theft of bikes by being alert to potential scams and too good to be true deals. If a year old Specialized is being sold for R10k, we should be asking why.

@Petri707 - I just hope next time it's not your bike being discussed on a "useless" thread.

Thanks to everyone else!!!

kerith

[emoji15]WOW. THIS IS FANTASTIC NEWS.

I am over the moon that I posted it way back a couple of days ago

Very happy for you Kerith. I am hoping that my bike is also found soon.

As a community WE HAVE WON A MAJOR BATTLE towards this war against theft

Thank you for all the positive support and now looks as if the rightful owner, Kerith, will have his bike back and a thief will be in jail

[emoji120][emoji106][emoji15][emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a guy a while ago who wrote this moerse long story of how he stole his own bike back. Maybe kerith should get in contact with him...

Good luck, hope you get it back or at least track down this criminal!