I'm looking for new road pedals...

AndreZA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mud Dee, are you using the pedals with your Felt ? What did you buy, RXE ?Hows the Felt ? Clive said that my Felt will be at the dealer on the 12 of Des. Can not wait Hug

I'm very happy with the bike! Just busy fine tuning my setup. Actually I managed to find a pair of impact pedals. Like the look more. Road with the new carbon Times yesterday....feels exactly the same.

I recently changed from Look pedals to Ultegra pedals because I could not stand the squeeking Looks any longer. However the Look pedals had more float and were more comfortable on longer rides than the Ultegra pedals. I also find the clicking into Ultegra pedals a little harder than the Look pedals.

I have not used Time pedals but with my experiences with Look and Ultegra I would most definitely buy Time pedals next time Tongue around.

Mampara ? What did you buy and how does it feel ? I am also in the market for new pedals Tongue And there is no reason to redo this thread Approve

Thanks

narra

Have not bought anything yet. Spoke to the Speedplay people at the 94.7 expo and they said it will be available in Jan.

I recently changed from Look pedals to Ultegra pedals because I could not stand the squeeking Looks any longer. However the Look pedals had more float and were more comfortable on longer rides than the Ultegra pedals. I also find the clicking into Ultegra pedals a little harder than the Look pedals.

I have not used Time pedals but with my experiences with Look and Ultegra I would most definitely buy Time pedals next time Tongue around.

You get yellow and red cleats for Ultegra. The yellow ones give you more float than the red ones. Just check what you have.

You get yellow and red cleats for Ultegra. The yellow ones give you more float than the red ones. Just check what you have.

Yip - I got the yellow ones. I'd go balistic with the red ones!

Amazing how different people's tastes are. I think speedplay pedals look cheap and flimsy and I don't like the look of time pedals.

The look of Look's is better than the chucking of wood by woodchuck !

I have the time rxs carbons 2006 range. There's a recall on them. So i go to my lbs where i bought them and they reckon its no biggy. So i've done about 200k on them when i take a sharp bend at speed and my right pedal slips off and my foot smashes into the tar and nicely etches a new pattern in my carbon soles AND i get free redesign on the colour pattern on the shoe....If you get the times make sure they don't need fixing. Coppa slip, locktite or super glue as used by the agents will do the trick.

Mampara, you can get Speedplay from iCycling. Will they be cheaper in Jan or is iCyclings prices reasonable ? Anybody else on the hub that do use Speedplay pedals ?

Narra, iCycling only have some X series. I'm looking for Zeros or the new Light Action. They are more expensive then the x series bat they have better bearings.