I'm looking for new road pedals...

AndreZA

I seem to be the odd man out here. I ride Shimano DURA ACE pedals. No squeaks,creaks clip outs or any other problems.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, sorry Mampara..........you'll have to read all of our opninions and see what the end result is.......as we have a couple of die harders :)

I think the main thing you can take from this is that the new range of Look's are "nearly" on par with Time.......Time is Time what can I say :)

Thanks all but people don't read what's asked of them.  Angry I said I am not interested in Look and seeing that I only got one response from Shimano, and Dura Ace which is double the price, I think I will start shopping for Times.

Hmmmm, what we have here is a failure to see detail....sorry man :)

Between the two I know at least four times more ppl using time that Dura Ace...........and you know where my support lies.

Which Time pedal are looking at getting ???? Anyone specific

Either the normal RXS or maybe the RXS Carbon. Depends on price difference which is about R300.

Why are you not interested in the Look's?

My shimano's did not last very long (VERY disapointing) and I disliked the feel of the float on the Time's.

Am very fond of the last two pairs of Looks that I used. CX2 and Keo

I seem to be the odd man out here. I ride Shimano DURA ACE pedals. No squeaks' date='creaks clip outs or any other problems.[/quote']

CAADman I'm also on Dura Ace pedals. The only thing I don't like about them is they can be a bit difficult to click in.

Though, I don't use float pedals so have no clue how they feel.

Wonder Woman2006-10-06 03:38:29

Yes I also would like to know.. I know the old looks was not nice but the new one's are realy nice..

Wonder Woman i have no problems clicking in. Maybe check your settings on yours.

Time RXE, R600 what a bargain.   and 1g lighter than RXS. I weighed them in the shop while waiting for some sales assistance.

Had no knee problems since using them (previously SPDs), however that probably has little to do with pedal choice.

i have never used any other pedals than time and i doubt I will ever change Tongue I was a bit dissapointed though the other day when I went out for a training ride and my pedal broke in half.. who knows what happened there.

Time RXE' date=' R600 what a bargain.   and 1g lighter than RXS. I weighed them in the shop while waiting for some sales assistance.

Had no knee problems since using them (previously SPDs), however that probably has little to do with pedal choice.
[/quote']

According to Chainreaction the the RXE's are 5gr heavier then the RXS. And the RXS have got  "S.E.T.: Sensor Elasticity Tuner  ,RXS pedals allow you to personalize your pedaling sensation or "feel".

I don't like Look because they still look like Looks. No matter if they are new or old. (how many times can you use the word look in a sentance)

• 2 months later...

Mampara ? What did you buy and how does it feel ? I am also in the market for new pedals Tongue And there is no reason to redo this thread Approve

Thanks

narra