[Event] Bestmed Berge En Dale Classic

PRFullstop

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if I knew this would be the case I probably wouldn't have entered. Only two collection points, one in Krugersdorp, the other in Fourways both only during office hours when most people work.

Have to schlep through from Pretoria now to collect during work hours.

For me, its out of the question 99% of the time. I don't have the kinda job that allows me time to just go off to fetch a number. Usually my toppie is able to go but this week he is not able to go. I will have to ask someone to fetch for me. This caveman mentality.

I'll miss this one, it has too many wrongs that rights - high fees, number collection, weekend after R4S.

I'll miss this one, it has too many wrongs that rights - high fees, number collection, weekend after R4S.

Same here. Think i saw R495 for a late entry.????

Yeah, if I knew this would be the case I probably wouldn't have entered. Only two collection points, one in Krugersdorp, the other in Fourways both only during office hours when most people work.

Have to schlep through from Pretoria now to collect during work hours.

I asked on twitter yesterday if I was able to pick up my number on race day. They responded saying no number collection will take place on the day :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

I am happy to pick up numbers for you, but only have a 0645 start so depends on how early your start is and logistics of meeting up in the morning

I am happy to pick up numbers for you, but only have a 0645 start so depends on how early your start is and logistics of meeting up in the morning

Thanks for the offer, Have made a plan already. 

Anyone know the estimated climb on both the short and long distance?

According to my strava, about 1000m for the longer route. It looks like the route has changed slightly over the last few years(thinking back now I seem to remember a few tweaks here and there due to road works) as I have the distance ranging from 101km to 108km and elevation between 997m and 1155m.

Edited by Long Wheel Base

Ditto. May just do SBR or a fast cradle ride instead ......

Just remember that the race goes through the cradle so might be a bit hectic with big bunches 

Thanks, I've scheduled a few client meetings in Sandton so I'll brave Jo'burg traffic tomorrow