Let's see those Silverbacks

WeekendWarrior80

I'll write something soon-ish (hectic at work). I've had my Slade Trail (I assume this is the bike you are talking about?) for 7 months now, and I'm super happy with it. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Be naughty, you won't regret it. :devil:

attachicon.gifmor4.jpg

Thats the bike I wanted/want, man its a beaut

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll write something soon-ish (hectic at work). I've had my Slade Trail (I assume this is the bike you are talking about?) for 7 months now, and I'm super happy with it. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Be naughty, you won't regret it.  :devil:

attachicon.gifmor4.jpg

spoke to Silverback and there are no larges available anymore :(

The Stratos seems like a lot of bike for the money. Congrats! If you're doing TB on it though I'd highly recommend using you old saddle and converting to tubeless. You'll want those tyres as soft as they can be if they end up not grading the road.

The Stratos seems like a lot of bike for the money. Congrats! If you're doing TB on it though I'd highly recommend using you old saddle and converting to tubeless. You'll want those tyres as soft as they can be if they end up not grading the road.

I also think it’s a lot of bang for your buck.

For sure, Tubeless will be done today and my road bike saddle is going on for the weekend. Pleasantly surprised by the new surface saddle, very similar to the power saddle in look and feel.

She has arrived! 2020 Silverback Stratos CF 1.

Quick ride this afternoon and then it’s a baptism of fire at the trans baviaans this weekend.

Enjoy! 

Those Surface wheels look interesting! What's the internal of those rims? Definitely the best suited bottle cage for that bike too!

I changed the drive train after a chain suck incident.

Love this bike!

I have the exact same steed. I've been wanting to sell it for a dual for some time, but after it carried me through the Trans I'm a bit sentimental about it now.

Also in need of some drivetrain replacement. What cassette are you running? And are you using the stock hub that came with the stock wheels? I'm thinking of going with a 10/50 11spd cassette with a 34 chainring, but using my current cranks.

Hi TyronLab,

I switched to this Hardtail from a Dualie, and don't regret it.

I've upgraded the crank first along with BB, to Deore, Then got a new wheelset built, Novatec Hubs on ZTR Hoops. I'm running an XT 11-46 cassette 11sp, with SLX RD, and 34t on the front. XT shifter.

I have the exact same steed. I've been wanting to sell it for a dual for some time, but after it carried me through the Trans I'm a bit sentimental about it now.

Also in need of some drivetrain replacement. What cassette are you running? And are you using the stock hub that came with the stock wheels? I'm thinking of going with a 10/50 11spd cassette with a 34 chainring, but using my current cranks.

Enjoy! 

Those Surface wheels look interesting! What's the internal of those rims? Definitely the best suited bottle cage for that bike too!

It is a 22mm internal width, but as stiff as hell! My 1st proper ride was the Trans Baviaans this weekend and I must admit it felt great.  Now to get some proper trails in to see how she handles the rough stuff!

Is there somewhere I can get a Slade trail to test ride? I like the slacker head angle and that is can take fat rubber.

I love Hardtails there's nothing more satisfying than passing a posh dual not only on the climb but on the descend, the new Slade looks like it would be even better on the down ????