My Sesta chilling in its natural habitat

some updates

2018 sesta pro frame

csixx carbon rims

fabric carbon sadle

Pro tharsis xc carbon post

carbon-ti skewers and seat clamp

Rotor rex 1 crank

Had an itch to get rid of the Di2 display on the handle bar and this is what I ended up with.

Removing the display and fitted the SM-EW90A (3 port) junction box as I only needed the 3 wires, mounted below the swotbox on the frame, one cable going to the battery inside the downtube and the last to the rear derailleur.

Cable from shifter heat shrunk to the brake hose and looking clean and stealthy

nice and clean looking cockpit

fitted a new ENVE M5 bar with 10mm Flip-able rise

PRO Tharsis stem

Fizik antares carbon braided saddle

ritchey grips (very comfy)

Good-Year Peak ultimate tyres (fast)

post-58842-0-08068400-1558083751_thumb.jpg

post-58842-0-01477500-1558083826_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

that lower pivot looks lekker massive

great colour way on that frame!

enjoy and happy miles!

As my understanding, it is the same bearing as the bearing on a tapered headset.

And??? 

A quick review?

This bike is simply AWESOME. 

Weight: 10.4kg with pedals, cages and a dropper. Fitted a different wheelset as the 23mm internal is a bit narrow for me but busy building up a lightweight race wheelset and then will do a final weigh in, guessing it will be on the crisp of 10kg.  

Very nice having two bottle cages, no more drinking mud from behind the saddle :clap: 

This thing climbs like a machine, set a new PR up a local 20 minute climb and it was on tired legs. 

The suspension platform is solid and very efficient but takes the bigger hits perfectly. 

This bike is simply AWESOME. 

Weight: 10.4kg with pedals, cages and a dropper. Fitted a different wheelset as the 23mm internal is a bit narrow for me but busy building up a lightweight race wheelset and then will do a final weigh in, guessing it will be on the crisp of 10kg.  

Very nice having two bottle cages, no more drinking mud from behind the saddle :clap: 

This thing climbs like a machine, set a new PR up a local 20 minute climb and it was on tired legs. 

The suspension platform is solid and very efficient but takes the bigger hits perfectly. 

WOW, almost 5kg lighter than my AL 5.  :eek:  :mellow:

So long term reviews on the Slade Trail 1 .......... I am having naughty thoughts.

I'll write something soon-ish (hectic at work). I've had my Slade Trail (I assume this is the bike you are talking about?) for 7 months now, and I'm super happy with it. So far it has exceeded my expectations. Be naughty, you won't regret it.  :devil:

post-37016-0-37332500-1565168990_thumb.jpg