Let's see those Silverbacks

WeekendWarrior80

Some of you may know I have a history of ending up with cracked frames. When I was in school I cracked 2 Frenchies (Peugeot Apline Foxes) and as an adult I started with 3 Americans (GT Karakoram + Zaskars) followed by 2 Taiwanese (Giant Talons). All of those were bought new. So I decided to buy my first used bike in August of 2016. It was a used 2014 Sola 1. 

Too my surprise, now 27 months later, I have clocked up just over 20,000km on this bike. Shock and frame are still original. Seems the Germans are a tough one to crack  :blush:

post-38519-0-27983900-1540110809_thumb.jpg

Rolled over yesterday on Durbie Dash.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 2 year old Sesta Pro for sale, ad in the classifieds, got me another Silverback. Great value for money bikes.

• 1 month later...

My Silverback doing a good deed . On my Saturday morning route through the Bredel /Bapsfontein fields i saw a young tortoise walking in the tracks used by cyclists and bikers . I managed to get him on his way in the sparse grass which is just starting to grow after some evening rains . 

post-111826-0-43374700-1543153069_thumb.jpg

post-111826-0-61560000-1543153102_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

My new Slade Trail.

I upgraded the stock Sector saddle with a Spez Phenom. I ditched the stock pedals for Shimano Saints, and added King KOM grips. I also upgraded the rear rotor to 180mm (replaced both front and rear rotors). What an awesome bike.

post-37016-0-13377000-1554298991_thumb.jpg

My new Slade Trail.

I upgraded the stock Sector saddle with a Spez Phenom. I ditched the stock pedals for Shimano Saints, and added King KOM grips. I also upgraded the rear rotor to 180mm (replaced both front and rear rotors). What an awesome bike.

attachicon.gifbikevault_slade2.jpg

That is really a very sexy bike ........ your pic is called "bikevault_slade2" .... have you sent this to GMBN?

That is really a very sexy bike ........ your pic is called "bikevault_slade2" .... have you sent this to GMBN?

I did! Will have to wait and see if they show it in the vault :whistling:  :)

My new Slade Trail.

I have a secret crush on the slade trail.

My new Slade Trail.

Does that come with the revelation Charger RC fork? I really wanted to get one of these.. Whats the fork like?

Does that come with the revelation Charger RC fork? I really wanted to get one of these.. Whats the fork like?

Yes it does. I spent a bit of time setting it up, and so far I am super happy with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that slade is awesome. Seriously tempting me to replace my hornet with one of those.

Edited by Rich990

Damn that slade is awesome. Seriously tempting me to replace my hornet with one of those.

careful now ..... go give your hornet some love and think about your evil thoughts!

drop my 'n pm - kan jou uitsort!

Ek gaan dit in gedagte hou wanneer ek weer in die mark is. Maar vir eers sal ek van 'n afstand af loer en kwyl....