2017 Vuelta a España

Bonus

Woody from 9 to 7

Whoohooo

That bodes well for the Green Machine rider

For sure

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-17/173220_7R9A9506.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Swing and a miss for Orica

http://www.steephill.tv/2017/vuelta-a-espana/photos/stage-17/174033_DSC_7151.jpg

I love mountains and i love climbing them. A dream of mine is to one day try and ride up most of the famous ones we see in the Giro, Tour and Vuelta. However, I've just had another look at the Angliru profile and that thing almost made me kuk in my pants.

I honestly just feel so sorry for those poor okes riding up there. They've just done 20 odd days of brutally tough riding and now you want to throw that at them. No wonder these okes catch on all this blood doping, epo shite. That climb is frightening. I can't wait for Saturday.

The last 2.2km of the climb is 9%...wouldn't call that easy...and after yesterday's stage those legs may feel it today..eina.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

No doubt...They going to hit it hard...loads of guys trying to move up and after yesterday if you feel strong you would want to test your closest rival.Conto can't let López go and Wilco needs to mark Zakarin.Froome would want to show that he is still strong..and has to test Nibs after yesterday's effort.

Oops

Astana "forgot" to put the 36 chainring for Aru yesterday. "If they want me to abandon, they should say it." [emoji91][emoji91] (via @Gazzetta_it )

That is definitely the message, how do you forget to change the chainring of one of your "main" riders haha

Today is going to be interesting I believe. - If the break doesn't survive.

Yates for me today.

Today's stage don't offer much to riders in gaining time on their rivals. The last climb is not tough enough. I guess today is one where Bardet will go for it on the last downhill. And the GC riders won't bother about him since he too far down GC.

As long as Bardet doesn't pull a rookie error again like on the TT and pedal around a sharp corner. Would be a "Porte TDF" moment.

Quick screenshot i took yesterday just before he came around that last corner to the finish...

Bluffing? Dont think so... that one hurt big time.

" Mommy are we there yet? "

Cant wait for the "angry-lu" on Sat

post-24920-0-13343300-1504767803_thumb.png

Quick screenshot i took yesterday just before he came around that last corner to the finish...

Bluffing? Dont think so... that one hurt big time.

" Mommy are we there yet? "

Cant wait for the "angry-lu" on Sat

attachicon.gifIMG_1949.PNG

Ja nee it was a tough one.

Also his post race Interview it also seemed like he tried to come across too confident.. in the past when he lost time he would say..it if wasn't for his team mates it would've been worse and he can't thank them enough.. .yesterday he seemed to want to remind the others that he still has a strong team..think he brushed off the time loss a little too easy..so I think he is a bit concerned and if he isn't, he has become too cocky. .this after his very bold statements on the rest day. .that's why I said he was bluffing in the interview...trying to play a bit of poker.

Edited by Gen

So, he went up there on a 39? Definitely a Mommy's boy!

:eek: :P

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ksbp.gif

No, I am not calling him a mommy's boy for his riding ability, that would be a bit silly. He can pedal a bike better than everybody in the world, bar 5-6 better riders.

He is a mommy's boy for, as I said, often moaning and blame shifting. 

Froome's body language when he is suffering says it all. He has this way of swinging his shoulders and shaking his head while looking at his front wheel... His poker face def needs some work .

It's nice to see a more "human" side of him though... lets hope the time gains from the TT will be enough come Saturday.

Great Vuelta so far' thoroughly enjoying it.

Edited by Audible Anarchy

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ksbp.gif

No, I am not calling him a mommy's boy for his riding ability, that would be a bit silly. He can pedal a bike better than everybody in the world, bar 5-6 better riders.

He is a mommy's boy for, as I said, often moaning and blame shifting.

Ja nee when it goes well with Aru he is a gem. .when it goes bad it is everyone else's fault..

Aru is a pro. He should have checked his bike out, before the start. He knows what's coming and should have made sure his bike was what he asked for.

Pro's are Pro's and they should take responsibility for their things.

Ja nee when it goes well with Aru he is a gem. .when it goes bad it is everyone else's fault..

His own fault. He is still in charge of his own wheels. It's his job to check if his steed has been set up to his requirements. He should have called his mechanic over before he started his stage and said: Dude? WTF's going on down there?

EDIT: Damn, posted the same time.

Edited by Moridin