is it just me? Ugly, ugly cables routing...

Zebra

busy buying a new Spec Camber or Epic, to replace my TRUSTY 2005 S-Works Epic...

Now the 2005 S-Works had cables that run in STRAIGHT lines, even though I rerouted them to accommodate FULL-sleeve cables, since in the Cape Epic and Sani races, part-sleeved cables - what the bike came with - were 'ingesting' sand, leaving to sticky shifting...

So getting ready to buy a Camber or an Epic, and some of these bikes have internal cable routing, so far so good...!

HOWEVER; looking under the NEW Cannondale and NEW Specialized and other DOWNTUBES, they seem to feel that this zig-zag mish-mash is acceptable - i dislike a bike with beautifully internally-routed cables which THEN has ONE externally-routed cable, but its the WAY that cable is 'tacked on...', and then runs left-to-right-, up and down, yugh!

(the LAST picture is mine, where I have just tied all the cables to the top tube, but they would normally has been run through cable stops, in STRAIGHT LINES!)

What think you?

Chris

post-1199-0-18567700-1484314250_thumb.jpg

post-1199-0-25896700-1484314302_thumb.jpg

Those cables on my Rush drive me crazy  :cursing:  it's like I'm contiguously adjusting them to look neat .... putting it onto my 'hanging' bike rack they catch and get pulled around all the time. Even just one more guide about midway would have probably looked a hell of a lot neater!

I'll also confess to being ODC about my cables , Helpful tip get some cable ties from an electronic shop they have many colors and using them to contrast your frame color really works well.

I'll also confess to being ODC about my cables , Helpful tip get some cable ties from an electronic shop they have many colors and using them to contrast your frame color really works well.

You mean CDO...?

Lacklustre assembly has something to do with it too.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That is why Di2 was invented. Haha,they deliberately zig-zag the cables to irritate CDO okes, then cash in again on Di2, business sense / conspiracy theory.

You people are all lexdysci...........

It's more a play on the fact that if you were "ODC" then typing it out as CDO would be bothersome to look at.

You people are all lexdysci...........

Nope. The ocd community value the concept of alphabetical order

Cluttered handlebars come to mind

I have a friend. He is anal about things being neat and clean and tidy. He hates visiting another friends house because it is cluttered.

And yet this anal friend rides a bike with 7 cables coming off the bars (2shifter cables, 2brake lines, a dual lockout lever with two cables and a dropper cable,) a gopro mount and one of those fanny packs on top of the top tube next to his stem.

Dit lyk soos 'n bleddie kraaines binne in 'n hoer se handsak. Sies!

Archived