Value Logistics Fast One 2017

Long Wheel Base

Pikey , CL broke in two . With about three kms to go I was thinking how lucky we were with no crashes. Just then the front of that 2nd group fell. Just missed it. did not look too serious. (I hope) Guys were swearing at each other.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We get to ride a bit of the same route (highlighted) in the DisChem Ride 4 Sight this weekend, with all the feedback on monster potholes can anyone comment on what this section of road was like?

post-41145-0-67398900-1485762223_thumb.jpg

We get to ride a bit of the same route (highlighted) in the DisChem Ride 4 Sight this weekend, with all the feedback on monster potholes can anyone comment on what this section of road was like?

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

RFS is 19th Feb. 

RFS is 19th Feb. 

True, getting wires crossed with Bergen Dale :mellow: , but question still stands as doubt road works are happening fast!

Any news on the guys in the 1st crash less than 5km from the start?

And there was a Northcliff guy lying by the ambulance looking pretty bad when I finished. 

Assume you are talking about this poor dude.

http://www.cyclenation.co.za/images/phocagallery/2017/fastone/IMG_2210.jpg

Lost it AFTER the finishline.....

Was not pretty.

http://www.cyclenation.co.za/images/phocagallery/2017/fastone/IMG_2213.jpg

Morning bikers - my first ride in the AL group as have only been riding since April last year..... I must say...what an eye opener....... and here I thought the biking bunch were a friendly gang! Yoh... I've never heard okes kaking each other out so often :thumbdown: ...... for those  who made some idle chat..... thumbs up.. was pleasure meeting and riding with you!
​As for the roads.... the organizer should be embarrassed........ so many broken bikes? I'm not sure how it works, but surely someone approves the route? I know our roads are a mess.....but to just fill the holes on Saturday with even compacted sand I'm sure would have helped? In the bunch that big not sure any amounts of paint etc would have helped? You hear the odd shout, but with the holes being all over the road, never knew exactly where? As for that poor girl standing in the road.... who made that call?? eish.....
​Guys what are we thinking as cyclists? Overtaking on the left, all over the road, etc etc.... was crazy..... the sound of that accident next to me at the finish...... terrible.... hope the guys are ok? To the wheel suckers for 94km's and then sprinting to finish 1 second ahead.... well done great result..... I'm happy to say I spent many km's in front with a few others.....thank guys that was awesome........
​Overall - very jittery ride - dangerous and wondering if its worth it?
​Mixed feelings on this one I'm afraid..........

Pikey , CL broke in two . With about three kms to go I was thinking how lucky we were with no crashes. Just then the front of that 2nd group fell. Just missed it. did not look too serious. (I hope) Guys were swearing at each other.

ok didn't know the group split. Was a large group though. Got tight in that last stretch of road what with passing much slower riders.

... I've never heard okes kaking each other out so often :thumbdown: ...... 

Usually there is a reason for it. If a **** suddenly crosses over without at least a warning(which is most often the case) he can take the whole group down. Couple that with the first race of the season, dangerous road conditions, high speeds and a whole load of other factors people will generally be on edge.

Most of the time if you go talk to one of the oke who vloeked at you after the race they'll be friendly and up for a chat.

Don't take it personally - it is a high stress, dangerous environment

That'd be me.  I'm OK. :thumbup:   Hurts, though.

Good to hear you say you are okay - even though it's eina.

I came in at the back of the VB bunch, wasn't willing to risk anything for the sake of 60-odd places. You must have crashed behind the group then?

Usually there is a reason for it. If a **** suddenly crosses over without at least a warning(which is most often the case) he can take the whole group down. Couple that with the first race of the season, dangerous road conditions, high speeds and a whole load of other factors people will generally be on edge.

Most of the time if you go talk to one of the oke who vloeked at you after the race they'll be friendly and up for a chat.

Don't take it personally - it is a high stress, dangerous environment

wasn't a me thankfully....... but fellas are a bit tense :cursing: ....... he he all good....

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

That yellow highlighted section is not bad, although there are a few patch jobs after the entrance to the reserve.

There are also a few pots holes at Klipriver, and along the road before the left turn onto your yellow highlighted section. It's a narrow road and can be very busy at the spaza shop.

That yellow highlighted section is not bad, although there are a few patch jobs after the entrance to the reserve.

There are also a few pots holes at Klipriver, and along the road before the left turn onto your yellow highlighted section. It's a narrow road and can be very busy at the spaza shop.

Thanks Gerald