Value Logistics Fast One 2017

Long Wheel Base

My race license expired apparently ,tried sorting it out on Saturday but these guys just refused

The red head gave me and Cameron so much **** ,that we eventually just left with our open seeded numbers

We had a few cases like this in the AL batch....

When did you "renew" your licence?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who else hear here saw the bike skills of the oke going into the field in AL batch?

We were going down a hill at about 60+ and he went in, straight towards a fence.

The whole bunch just stopped pedaling and watched this... looking like a motorcross racer.

He luckily managed to keep the bike up..

He entered this race before his licence was approved and decided to stay in AL instead of trying to get a reseed into VB. I still told him that he missed a great opportunity to finish with the (VB) bunch.

I rode with a friend who is new to cycling from HL group. Pot holes were not an issue as we were not riding in bunches. She enjoyed the race, and I think the fast avg. speed is a nice confidence boost to her.

Did the same with my wife. Her first full length race. Plenty of room to dodge potholes, but the guys riding all over the road and swerving randomly had her a bit nervous.

The 25+km/h average had her over the moon, though she was quite tired by the end of the thing.

Oh wow... didn't realise how bad it was. I had a great ride, got into a big bunch at the front of EL, hung around the back to the left because the cars screaming towards us was a little scary, I anticipated a split and managed to ride across. some guys rode off the front of the group at some point and my legs and I decided to stick in the bunch. There were about 6 of us from that original bunch that formed at the start and we finished together. It was incredible to have stayed together for so long. We were pretty good about shouting out potholes and towards the end we were mostly single file or 2 neat double lines - never seen that in a race! Super happy with my time, would have been pleased with 2:55 but got a 2:48. And finished 13th in my bunch, can't believe that, I normally take so long to warm up, so get left by everyone in the batch! So, thanks to that group in EL, you guys rock. 

And that girl in the pothole, that was terrifying, a really stupid idea that! 

As said before, unfortunately the organisers can't do anything about the condition of the roads and till early December before the rains can those roads were pretty decent. I saw a lot more marshalls there than i have at other events, excluding CCMC & 947, so big up to the organisers. As for the little girl, i think she tried to be helpful as it was just her and her brother there but that was a damft move, hope she survived. 

I don't know if it is because of my year sabbatical from riding, or the fact that so many people passed me while limping to the finish, but i was amazed at the amount of females doing the race. Great to see the smaller events growing in size. 

Hopefully next year the municipality will fix the road conditions.

As I said earlier in the thread, this was my first elite race. To say it was an eye opener is putting it lightly.

It was a super nervous start, okes fighting for position and just taking reckless chances. The stationary truck cought us by surprise and there was nearly a crash there, how I managed to stay upright is a mystery. Back wheel slid out from the hard sudden braking, to control the slide I had leaned against the guy next to me who had also lost it.

I managed to stick with them for about 40km getting dropped when they upped the pace a lot just after Malonjeni Game Farm.

Luckily I got dropped as not 5km on there was a massive crash where half the field went down and I would definately been part of that had I been there.

After the crash myself and a few other guys who could ride away from the crash team TT'ed the rest of the way.

I was pretty amazed to see the level of bike handling skills that most of the roadie elites have. I quickly learnt to bunny hop over massive crater in the ground in a peloton moving at 50+Km/h. 

Still a looooooooong way to go before I hope to stick till the finish, but I loved every second of the race.

Just a shout out to the Pakisa rider in VC, he punctured and was dropped by the bunch. He dragged myself and a number of other riders for 40ks to the finish. I tried to contribute but was of not much help. Thanks man.

Strong rider - Adriaan Beukes - he won VC last year outsprinting Gary Beneke after being in long break

I paid for the race license in October

Not sure if you made same mistake as me - race licence runs Jan to December, so I had to get new licence this month.

Not sure if you made same mistake as me - race licence runs Jan to December, so I had to get new licence this month.

Yip, exactly

When did you "renew" your licence?

I paid for the race license in October

Yip, exactly

Yes, a FULL RACING LICENCE is valid from 1-Jan to 31-Dec (UCI rules).

CyclingSA Membership is valid for 12 months from the date you sign-up/renew (CSA rules).

Did the same with my wife. Her first full length race. Plenty of room to dodge potholes, but the guys riding all over the road and swerving randomly had her a bit nervous.

The 25+km/h average had her over the moon, though she was quite tired by the end of the thing.

Yes, also had issue with people not keeping left. Very annoying when you have to cross the line to overtake. I was politely asking people to keep left, but that got annoying, so I started brushing them with my elbow.  :devil:

Maybe he watched too much of those cyclocross world champs repeats on Supersport lately

it was incredible!!!!

well saved!

Yes, a FULL RACING LICENCE is valid from 1-Jan to 31-Dec (UCI rules).

CyclingSA Membership is valid for 12 months from the date you sign-up/renew (CSA rules).

Gerald, if you want to ride in SA champs, can you get a day CSA day license. 

Otherwise to do SA champs TT it would cost around R900 for 25km.

Dropped back to the cl to race with a mates brother I hadn't seen in 10 years plus. We rode together all the way,was brilliant.

Am glad I did as i probably would of been in the carnage at the finish line in bl apprently a nasty crash at the line.

The potholes were really bad in some places. I tried not to sit directly behind someone where ever possible . It at least gave you a split second to react. Missed a few big ones by pure luck,thankfully my new wheels got away unscathed.

Had a good race near the front of the group all the way. Decided to try and out run the guys from a 1km out....whahahaha what a noob ????????????. Soon got collared a few hundred meters from the line,but was fun,big fun.

Also didn't want to get caught up in the last few hundred meters carnage which I could see happening as it was a little tight for room. I think me going earlier split the group up a bit as they had to chase from earlier than they wanted.

Throughly enjoyed the race and didnt have to give myself a talking to once ,which makes the race way more fun ????

Potholes aside was a well organized race. Parking in & out was a breeze.

Didn't see a crash in cl the whole race.

Yes, also had issue with people not keeping left. Very annoying when you have to cross the line to overtake. I was politely asking people to keep left, but that got annoying, so I started brushing them with my elbow. [emoji317]

Not my proudest moment, but I shouted to move off of the road, at a lady that stood still, dead center in the middle of the road, 20m or so after the last waterpoint, doing something on her phone with earphones in.

It seems common sense leaves people when they get tired.

Archived