Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

K2C entry secured some months ago as the starting point of my holiday (now I have a very good excuse not to cancel my leave for the all to demanding job). And since the holiday means being out on the bike hopefully each day it will have to be the fun bike (DS) - Need to bring bikes for almost the whole family, so no HT this time around.

This is my Second K2C, first one was a tough 6 hour day with lots of walking back in 2014. Would be nice if I can do around 5 hours this time but I'm not so sure. Think I will take the start easier than previously and take the wapad walk behind all the others and then try and peddle all the way to Knysna with the odd break at the water points.

He's yanking yer chain.  :whistling:

Time is much more influenced by the grip your tyres offer, your fitness and skill level as well as the gearing you are going to ride with. 

I expect my super slick tyres and 1x10 drive train to add about 15 minutes to my time of last year, so I am looking at 4:20 this year.

are you holding back or are you not that fit...... :whistling:  :whistling:

I need a lift for me and my bike from George to Uniondale the Saturday before the event. Anyone willing to take an extra person, please pm me, will contribute petrol money.

Has anyone received their start times yet?

According to the website, it was meant to be published on the 10th?

Nothing here, nor anything positive from my mates. Maybe they meant the 10th of October?

Has anyone received their start times yet?

According to the website, it was meant to be published on the 10th?

Their Facebook page says race numbers and seeding are to go out by the 12th (today).

flip I am in G group, does that mean there is roughly 4000 riders waiting for me on the ou wa pad?

It does, unfortunately. But at least they not waiting specifically for you, they are just confusing a mountain bike route with a mountain hike route. I wonder if these people have had ANY training prior to the race? Why anyone thinks that they are unable to ride Ou Wapad is beyond me...