Karoo to Coast 2017

LeoKnight

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All clean and good to go. Leaving for Oudshoorn tomorrow 9am.

Safe travels everyone

Ga weer n onvergeetlike naweek wees...van swaarkry en lekker koue bier...

Haha, veilig ry manne, sien julle more, gaan die skouterein trotseer met tent. Gaan great naweek wees. Vir die manne wat ou wapad gaan stap, jaja ons weet julle kan nie anders nie. Hou lings en stap net vinnig asb...hehe

Ry my tyres 1.6 voor en 1.8 agter. Weeg 85kg

We're staying in Willowmore. For the guys & girls that has stayed there before -  Any ideas with regards to dinner Saturday night? I'm not familiar with the Town at all.

Ga weer n onvergeetlike naweek wees...van swaarkry en lekker koue bier...

Ek gaan my bier vir Sondag nou koop sodat dit genoeg tyd in die ys kan spandeer.

Jy beter n jagermeister vir ons saam vat vir nasionale braai dag.

Ek gaan my bier vir Sondag nou koop sodat dit genoeg tyd in die ys kan spandeer.

Jy beter n jagermeister vir ons saam vat vir nasionale braai dag.

Sit genoeg in vir my ook asb...

Feeling a bit nervous. 1st one coming up.

Leaving for Uniondale on Saturday.

As always, overweight and under-trained.

And then for some Knysna MTB park on Monday morning ... followed by braai-day in the afternoon rain.

Feeling a bit nervous. 1st one coming up.

Leaving for Uniondale on Saturday.

As always, overweight and under-trained.

And then for some Knysna MTB park on Monday morning ... followed by braai-day in the afternoon rain.

Should be nice, its been raining on and off all day here, so roads should not be too dusty.

The same pressure you used whilst preparing for the K2C.

On more technical and rocky trails I prefer the usual 2~2.5 bar on my HT. I am 87kg and the bike is 13kg. For these longer gravel rides I go for 3 or 3.5 bar. Avoids punctures and adds a little speed.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

So... I made a little bit of a fumble and I double booked our stay in Oudtshoorn.  I couldn't find the original booking so I booked another place  :mellow:

If anyone needs accommodation, give me a shout billygoat810523@gmail.com and we can make arrangements.

Bikes on the car, ready to leave George early tomorrow morning. Now to get everything else in place and have a nice nights sleep.

5 hours will be nice, I'll see what the trail bike allows me to do. Lots of fun to be had around George area next week...

Bikes on the car, ready to leave George early tomorrow morning. Now to get everything else in place and have a nice nights sleep.

5 hours will be nice, I'll see what the trail bike allows me to do. Lots of fun to be had around George area next week...

im local give me a RING IN THE WEEK0723555ZERO 2 5

Congrats to all that completed the race. Just aware of one serious fall, hope the lady is ok at least as there was quiet a bit of blood. It was a day of slow ups and fast descents. And cramps that came back for a reunion.

Oh them cramps snuck up on me on 55km. From 70km I was fine again.

Those downhills are becoming more hectic each year.

Wapad was a royal fckup. People walking 3 abreast. Water points were chaotic with people stopping in the middle of the road and thinking they are the sh!t.

Either way still love this event

Archived