What is the PPA doing?

Patchelicious

Just received my second "reminder" (in the shape of a pro forma invoice  :whistling:).

Probably should renew it, but will wait until I enter an event.

Edited by mikkelz

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else also received a "Dear Johnny" letter from the CEO of the PPA, bidding you fond farewell for not yet renewing your membership?

Dear xxxxx

I am really sorry to have to say 'goodbye' to you. This will be my last monthly CEO letter to you, as you will soon be taken off our database and will no longer receive the regular newsletters from PPA until you renew your membership for the new membership year which started on 1 July. We'll send out one more invoice later this week. At roughly R30 per month for a main member or R15 per month for an additional family member or R8 per month for a junior (u/18) member, we do hope you find value in what we do for cycling, cycling events, and cyclists in general, and will consider renewing your membership soonest. 

So since my goodbye letter, I have received 6 more newsletter, even though I haven't renewed.

Seems like Vogel enjoys an audience more than he pretended he does :P

So since my goodbye letter, I have received 6 more newsletter, even though I haven't renewed.

Seems like Vogel enjoys an audience more than he pretended he does :P

:D  So did I....

And guess what, I've still not renewed, and by the looks of it, I'm not going to.

They have their faults and I bash them a lot but they are the one of the few entities actively promoting cyclist safety so I am very happy to pay my membership fee for the greater good

They have made a massive effort in the last 12 months and this must be acknowledged. I would like to think that we had something to do with that ;)

They have made a massive effort in the last 12 months and this must be acknowledged. I would like to think that we had something to do with that ;)

In the last 2 years they have made a specific effort to widen their footprint to Gauteng and the Free State.  I also noticed PPA safety billboards on the outskirts of Oudtshoorn recently.

This effort came about because of criticism that they were too concentrated in Cape Town and the Western Cape only.

It will not bear instant fruit, but it makes sense to widen their activities because the more cyclists they represent, the stronger their voice will become.

:clap:  :clap:

I don't think so - heard that PPA does not even open die BikeHub!! :whistling:

:clap:  :clap:

I don't think so - heard that PPA does not even open die BikeHub!! :whistling:

If you believe by "us" I meant BikeHub, you couldn't be more wrong.

Many people on the Hub have other, more effective means of influence....

Edited by Patchelicious

Now we can start asking, what is CSA doing about cycling safety, especially now that they have a cycling safety expert onboard.

Anybody heard anything yet? Only stuff I have seen is them trying to participate in the success of the self funded athletes who are doing well overseas.

• 2 weeks later...

Who else attended the AGM? My first one and it was interesting in a good way [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sorry no I could not, share the good news

Yep attended AGM. Always been impressed as everything is very transparent. All financials available for everyone to peruse. Which is why I tend to find the conspiracy theorists so funny. Their comments are normally based on hearsay having never attended an AGM in their life.