Second success for Dalton at SA Road Champs

News bot

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a massive tent by the farm stall.

Was it not used? I saw the Fairplay car there too?

Not one age cat athlete was tested...

Not one age cat athlete was tested...

Thats like cops avoiding the high crime areas because they don't like paperwork..... Way too many guys taking age cats waaaaaaaay too seriously these day.

Thats like cops avoiding the high crime areas because they don't like paperwork..... Way too many guys taking age cats waaaaaaaay too seriously these day.

Why not...it is a National title after all, don't expect the guys not to be compedative or should there be a speed limit

Taking it seriously = good.

Taking it "waaaaaaaay to seriously" increases the chances of this though: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/12160508/Doping-culture-that-is-threatening-to-ruin-British-amateur-sport-could-be-worse-than-anyone-realises.html

While by far most of the riders wouldn't be doing this, the possibility is there, and by not testing...

Edited by HdB

Why not...it is a National title after all, don't expect the guys not to be compedative or should there be a speed limit

Oh wow, I didn't realize, my bad! (seeing that you use sarcasm, Im going to assume that you can spot it too, but if not, that was sarcastic)

sarcasm-sign.gif?w=500&h=247

I was referring too VA/VB races in general, looks more professional than some of our elite teams these days.

Edited by Patchelicious

Taking it seriously = good.

Taking it "waaaaaaaay to seriously" increases the chances of this though: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/drugsinsport/12160508/Doping-culture-that-is-threatening-to-ruin-British-amateur-sport-could-be-worse-than-anyone-realises.html

While by far most of the riders wouldn't be doing this, the possibility is there, and by not testing...

Somebody who gets the difference.... :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Serious reply:

That looks about 5m, using the wheel (shadow) size as a guide... 622mm. Can fit about 8 wheels across with a bit of space.

I know I've seen the dimensions somewhere, have searched every PDF file I've downloaded in the last few years (cycling related for the event I'm associated with). I can find the width of the white tape (line) across the road. It was in a guide to event organisers from CSA, I'm sure.

edit:

B.3.4 THE FINISH LINE
The finishing straight should observe several safety considerations and must be carefully chosen in accordance with these. 

The general profile of the finish: mountain or flat, the type of race: road race or time trial, the expected outcome of the race: individual riders, small groups or large peloton, the expected spectator numbers: large or small crowd, how dangerous the finish is.

The finishing straight should be as long as possible, at least 200 m. It should also be sufficiently wide, at least 6 m, or ideally 8-10 m The road width must be consistent.

The road must not narrow at all. Of course these specifications can be adapted to suit the type of finish. The finish of a time trial may be on a narrower road. The finishing straight for a summit finish can be both shorter and narrower. However, the minimum distances are essential when it is possible that riders may finish in a large peloton.

The finish line should be located on a section of road that is flat or slightly uphill. A downhill finish is not advised. Riders would approach the finish at too great a speed.
Edited by geraldm24

i dont know why we have to pander to UCI in the age(d) categories. race 30 - 39 , 40 - 49 50 - 59 and then 60+. if you win 30 - 39 and you are aged 39 then you are the sub vets champ. do the same with 40 - 49 etc etc. provincial champs become a farce when riders are on the podium and they can barely finish the race.