SA Customs

TrailWarrior

See, the think you think its cute. Taxing me R1450 on a R1400 a cycling shirt. 

GFY

Remember you will pay high duties on cloths

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a rule, when it hits JIMC stuff starts to go pear shaped.

But you'll get it soon no doubt.

In the future always insist in DHL courier. (I know you thought DHL post was the same at first)

That is half of the frustration, the fact that we have to deal with such poor service *and* pay for it.

The standard story is that it will take ages at customs so just accept it. What I dont get is why must we accept it? if they have a problem with staff shortages then get more staff, if the problem is with slow staff then take action and sort it out.

Remember you will pay high duties on cloths

Yes, 40%

Maar hy was gezaber met 100%

Yes, 40%

Maar hy was gezaber met 100%

Kan wees dat hulle hom ge-charge het met die Anti-Dumping Duties as well.

WTF is that?

Is a protective duty that's being charge when you import goods for instance, cloths, shoes, etc. Its done to protect our local market..

How many Cycling gear did you order

Is a protective duty that's being charge when you import goods for instance, cloths, shoes, etc. Its done to protect our local market..

How many Cycling gear did you order

1 shirt, ONE!!!!!

So I pay 40% and then get EXTRA tax on that ONE shirt to protect the local market, please dude... whatever. 

Edited by Patchelicious

1 shirt, ONE!!!!!

So I pay 40% and then get EXTRA tax on that ONE shirt to protect the local market, please dude... whatever. 

I don't work at the Post Office Hub DUDE. Go and Look at your slip and check what section they used to calculated duties. Then we can go from there.

Edited by Lexx

I don't work at the Post Office Hub DUDE. Go and Look at your slip and check what section they used to calculated duties. Then we can go from there.

Edit: Unnecessary comment. 

Edited by Patchelicious

I had some feedback from someone at SAPO and they say that they have had a huge backlog due to them upgrading their lines to fibre. This apparently will help with the backlog but I will believe it when I see it.

I had some feedback from someone at SAPO and they say that they have had a huge backlog due to them upgrading their lines to fibre. This apparently will help with the backlog but I will believe it when I see it.

That's about the most pathetic excuse I have every heard,  the core of the problem imo is the inept fools employed/deployed trying to run/manage the show.

i have been trying this, on monday 12/06/17 my parcel "arrived in the country" so it had to be scanned in, right?

tuesday 13/06/17 my item cleared customs and is en route to the delivery depot

so my item has definitely been scanned on SA shores, yet my tracking number  EK0xxxxxxxxDE does not show anywhere

see attached tracking from DHL website

Any change in your shipments status?

Any change in your shipments status?

Morning

my tracking updated to "The shipment is being prepared for delivery in the delivery depot, the shipment is being delivered to the recipient"

EDIT: SAPO still have no record of the item in their system

Edited by Customshelp