SA Customs

TrailWarrior

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've received all 4 my parcels from Europe (longest one took 19 days)

Still waiting for 2 parcels from the states, been in transit for 2 weeks now.

Finally.

Ag nooit. Why did I stumble on to this thread..?

Waiting for a package from china.

Edited by Boerklong

I've shipped from the USA twice, and both times it took about 29 days door-to-counter via USPS and the super efficient SAPO.

From the EU (bike24.com) it was three shipments of around 14 days (give or take a day or two for one of them).

If I ship from CRC, I always go with the DHL option - unless the local price is within 10% of my estimated landed cost. I'd rather pay for a quick and 99% guaranteed arrival, rather than worry about the hassles associated with the SAPO.

Got through to Cape Mail. My package is on its way to Cape Town, BUT there is a back log and wont get handled or scanned immediately. They suggested to wait a couple of days and track it again

• 2 years later...

Revival of an old topic, and I'm struggling to find anything newer and relevant.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on at Customs/SAPO/JIMC? I've had parcels which arrived prior to lockdown stuck there with absolutely no movement, and no response from the email channels.

Revival of an old topic, and I'm struggling to find anything newer and relevant.

Does anyone have a clue what is going on at Customs/SAPO/JIMC? I've had parcels which arrived prior to lockdown stuck there with absolutely no movement, and no response from the email channels.

If you arent from around here. Welcome to Africa :)

No, I am from around here and well aware of the issues, but I'm curious as to whether they are actually processing anything during lockdown, or if everything is just being chucked onto a pile to be processed when ever.

No, I am from around here and well aware of the issues, but I'm curious as to whether they are actually processing anything during lockdown, or if everything is just being chucked onto a pile to be processed when ever.

I think only products deemed essential are getting through atm.. my masks went through with no issues.

Not to hijack the post, but have anyone bought online from abroad recently past few weeks?

I would like to know if these parcels get through as per usual. DHL and UPS parcels dont follow the SAPO route - so I suspect it will take the normal 5 days or so to get to your door.

I am looking to order from Merlin.