Anyone using Zwift?

56 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

When you do workouts, you stay in one gear anyways, I hardly use indoor riding for freeriding or races, for R14k it might be an answer depending on the quality.

Not if training is done with ERG mode OFF. Even the easy workout days are done in 2-3 gears.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Dexter-morgan said:

When you do workouts, you stay in one gear anyways, I hardly use indoor riding for freeriding or races, for R14k it might be an answer depending on the quality.

I only do free rides on the IDT, thus constantly using the gears.

Either way ... worth noting the limitations ....

More importantly, VERY good to see the price evolution ....

14 hours ago, ChrisF said:

More importantly, VERY good to see the price evolution ....

Exactly.

This boy is something that catches my eye. Probably coz it's yellow.

https://expressfitness.co.za/product/horizon-gr7-indoor-cycle/

I only ever use Zwift for workouts so the lack of gears doesn't bother me. My daughter does spinning classes at the local gym. So rather than get her a bike to go onto the smart trainer at home I might unload the trainer and get something like this.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone had issues with efficiency mode on Zwift. The webview process (seen in task manager) goes into efficiency mode automatically which causes Zwift to crash. I have switched off all efficiency mode settings under the system and power settings on Windows and changed settings on Zwift to max power. Basically on best performance settings everywhere. But it still does not prevent efficiency mode.

Any help and advice please.

Edit: running Windows 11 on 8GB RAM laptop

Edited by Red Bird

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 6:24 PM, Red Bird said:

Has anyone had issues with efficiency mode on Zwift. The webview process (seen in task manager) goes into efficiency mode automatically which causes Zwift to crash. I have switched off all efficiency mode settings under the system and power settings on Windows and changed settings on Zwift to max power. Basically on best performance settings everywhere. But it still does not prevent efficiency mode.

Any help and advice please.

Edit: running Windows 11 on 8GB RAM laptop

I've never heard of efficiency mode before? Can you take a screenshot of the error?

21 hours ago, warick_wrx said:

Suppose this implies that the Polar H10 is the benchmark when it comes down to choosing a heart rate monitor.

I got emil feedback from him about the HRM.

Yes, unfortunately, to participate in the study we would need you to have and use a Polar H10 HR monitor. This doesn’t mean that Polar is necessarily any better than others, but the H10 strap allows us to record RR-interval data and to minimize the error in HRV recording we decided to keep the type of HR monitor consistent. But we had a lot of interest in the study and have already reached our recruitment numbers. If it is okay with you, can I log your contact information and reach out when we need participants for future studies? At this point we have tentative plans to conduct a similar project around November and it would be great to have some fit athletes like yourself 🤥 to contact.

• 1 month later...

Hi all

Has anyone had this problem in the past. I'm doing the annika langvad MTB workout series on Zwift atm. But the program doesn't log that I've completed the workouts. its shows in companion app that I've done them but not in Zwift. Im using a laptop with windows to run zwift.

Any Ideas on how to fix this?

Hi to all running Hubbers!

I managed to get hold of a treadmill for a steal, so now I have the opportunity to use the treadmill and run on Zwift as well.

I'm aware that one requires a running  pod/cadence meter of some sorts to use zwift, but I just learned that some of the higher end Forerunner watches work as a cadence sensor too. The website mentions 3 compatible watches. I refer specifically to the 945 model. I have the 955 model. So I'm wondering whether my more recent model will work.

TIA 

Never tried it with a watch, but if the 945 is listed, then it is likely that the 955 will also work.

I use a run pod with my setup to allow for the communication with Zwift. It actually works surprisingly well - only just set it up and it is definitely helping with this cold and dark weather. Much easier and safer to just jump on the treadmill for a quick workout once my son is asleep at 19:00.

43 minutes ago, Jehosefat said:

If the watch itself doesn't work, wearing any of the HRM-Run, HRM-Tri or HRM-Pro chest straps will provide cadence and power numbers.

I'm fortunate to have the pro strap. But I know from a recent update, one doesn't need the strap anymore to give a power number.