GPU: AMD Vega 64, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

Disk Space: At least 10GB

Recommended Specs for Windows

Processor: Intel i9 10th Gen, AMD Ryzen 9

RAM: 32GB

GPU: AMD RX6900 XT, Nvidia RTX 3090

Storage: NVME M 2.0 SSD

https://mywhoosh.com/docs/what-devices-are-compatible-with-mywhoosh/

Just the minimum specs are rather crazy for the majority of people.

I have a PC that I'm using to run Zwift in 4K Ultra and that PC doesn't even meet these minimum specifications!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

So @Frosty and @fanievb what are your thoughts? Worth ditching Zwift (or whatever). It's a bit of a grudge purchase for me right now but the 2 free alternatives are not good enough for me to ditch it.

I'll stick with zwift for now

31 minutes ago, fanievb said:

I'll stick with zwift for now

Ja.

The little tester I did confirmed that I will be on Zwift for a while still.

I'm no fan of the pricing model but it's clear that putting a quality product like this together is no picnic. Multiple OS's. Multiple devices, Integration into multiple training platforms. 

17 minutes ago, Duane_Bosch said:

Ja.

I'm no fan of the pricing model but it's clear that putting a quality product like this together is no picnic. Multiple OS's. Multiple devices, Integration into multiple training platforms. 

my main issue with whoosh is the graphics

They have these moerse system requirements, but the graphics isn't that great.

Zwift at least has the option for you to reduce graphics etc. to make your device work better 

But as you say, pricing is not ideal

Been using Tacx training app as well as Fulgaz. Prefer real life footage compared to graphics like Zwift. Having the ability to load a GPX of the race route maps to the Tacx training app and training on the route is a really a winner. Climbing Mont Ventoux with real life footage is worth it just for the views. Numbs the pain a bit haha 

12 hours ago, Duane_Bosch said:

So @Frosty and @fanievb what are your thoughts? Worth ditching Zwift (or whatever). It's a bit of a grudge purchase for me right now but the 2 free alternatives are not good enough for me to ditch it.

Zwift is better, purely because it’s established, and more importantly it allows switching between ERG and Incline mode, while doing the workout using the Companion app. That’s the winner for me, but am I willing to pay for it? Not really. Whoosh being free is good enough should a friend decide to drop the family share on Rouvy. I then simply disconnect the controllable power to ensure I’m not using ERG.

Whoosh also doesn’t allow uploading workout, nor does it integrate with Intervals.icu. However, TrainingPeaks integrates even as a free subscriber, but the free user can only load today and tomorrow. As I’m coaching 8-10 people, and I don’t have the Coaching account I’m not expecting them to recreate the workouts manually.

I don’t need entertainment to keep me busy on the IDT, so I don’t really need it. I just use it for the elevation gain.

Oh, and I can do 3-4 workouts in Zwift each month using the free 25km. One workout on Mt Ventoux is 8km in workout mode, so that’s 4 workouts. 

On 8/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, Duane_Bosch said:

Ja.

What is the current subscription fee for Zwift in ZAR? Any billing issues being experienced from here in ZA?

46 minutes ago, Fork-it said:

What is the current subscription fee for Zwift in ZAR? Any billing issues being experienced from here in ZA?

My last Zwift payment came to R299.25 on 23 July. 

I have not had any issues, a quick deduction against a credit card and off you go. 

The ease of stopping and starting the subscription is also very attractive(par for the coarse for all these platforms these days) 

8 minutes ago, Rob K said:

I didn't know about the Vitality option.

Any idea how to convert to Vitality from a regular subscription?

There is NO vitality benefit, 14.99 USD is the base price then we have to pay TAX = 16.99USD

I have a Standard Bank Shyft account with a USD forex virtual card linked to Zwift once a year i buy a couple hundred dollar and put it in the card - Then I don't have to worry about these wild forex swings on a local cc - sometimes i forget to top it up and i go onto 25km free - top up and off i go again

• 3 weeks later...