Road Tyres

Gringo111

Hi All,

Need some recommendations - 

What brand and model of tyres do you use on your road bike? Been having problems with my conti gatorskins (Punctures) recently and would like to try another brand..

Hi All,

Need some recommendations - 

What brand and model of tyres do you use on your road bike? Been having problems with my conti gatorskins (Punctures) recently and would like to try another brand..

Perhaps you're not running them at high enough pressure?

Stay away from the duwweltjies/duiweltjies.

Gators are as good as they get for puncture resistance.

Just a question, do you run tyre liners in them at all?

If so, there is your problem.

GatorSkins are almost bullet proof.

I have used as training tyres for many, many years and have maybe had 2 or 3 flats on them.

I do however run Vittoria tyres on my race wheels. Love them.

Been having problems with my conti gatorskins (Punctures) recently ...

How long have you been using.?

Any chance that they are just worn.?

I don't use Gators myself but know of many who would ride nothing else.

Every brand has a gator-like model and I doubt that there's too much difference between them.

Thanks guys. I have had many sets of gatorskins in years gone by but these ones seem to be giving me issues. I run between 8-9bar and there is a liner in them. Not sure if they arent seating properly with the rim which is pinching the tchube...

Edited by Gringo111

Must be an issue of some sort. Gatorskins are awesome high mileage training tyres. For something quicker I use the GP4000 variant.

I run with Gatorskin Hardshells, for extra sidewall protection. Pretty happy with them. Glass doesn't seem to be problem anymore, but the wire from road/truck tyre belts still penetrates. I'm not sure anything can keep those buggers out! 

Thanks guys. I have had many sets of gatorskins in years gone by but these ones seem to be giving me issues. I run between 8-9bar and there is a liner in them. Not sure if they arent seating properly with the rim which is pinching the tchube...

Take the liners out. The overlap of the liner causes a pinch flat on the tube, specially at high pressures on road tyres. 

Rather run slim in your tubes if you are really worried about flats.

There is your problem. Chuck the liners away they also caused me problems!