An oily roof

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could also try a hand cleaner like Flight.

The problem might be that after you've cleaned that spot/s it might be cleaner then the rest of the roof liner.

Take it to a professional.

They've done it a hundred times before.

I feel your pain though, that mark would drive me insane.

I'm anal about the inside of my car, and can never understand dirty headliners.

I was in someones car the other day, and there were foot marks on the headliner .. WTF !!

I was in someones car the other day, and there were foot marks on the headliner .. WTF !!

Saw a thing on FB once, Oke left a window open slightly and a bird got into his car. Couldn't get out and had cut itself somewhere. There was blood and bird k@k all over the roof lining and seats.

:clap: :thumbup:

When you can't afford a hotel room...

you shouldnt need any aggressive chemical on there, i would take some normal home washing powder, make up a very heavy solution, so that its almost pasty... then, using a toothbrush, a very wet cloth, and some patience, you should be able to scrub most of it out. might need one or two treatments to get it perfect.

be careful with the toothbrush as it might cause piling of the fibres on the roof, and if it does, a normal razor run over it should clean it up nicely.

no self-respecting mountain biker would be seen dead in a low profile gangsta wagon like that. How would you even drive down a gravel road to get to a bike park/trail?

Um... I'm a roadie

Um... I'm a roadie

Well yes, you may be a roadie, but if you read carefully, the OP is a MTB'er and hence advising him to buy a roadie-mobile is a bit off target.

#justsaying

My 2 cents....

• I would try a solvent as last resort
  • Although I use Benzine, be careful with it, it is carcinogenic so try not to inhale it as you are woking in a confined space
  • I have had success with Kleen Green
  • I have also had success with Dettol removing bike lube stains from my shirt.
  • Best for me is Autoglym interior cleaner. I have cleaned my roof liners using a damp sponge and this product. The Autoglym motor products are top notch.
  • Do not scrub the liner, it will never be the same afterwards.
  • If you do use solvent and it comes loose you can glue it with spray glue but you obviously have to seperate it to the side so that you can get in.

Good luck, some bike lubes are hard to get out. 

Well yes, you may be a roadie, but if you read carefully, the OP is a MTB'er and hence advising him to buy a roadie-mobile is a bit off target.

#justsaying

Ja ja.. But he should get a road bike, too :D

Anal and footmarks on the roof, in the same paragraph. Perhaps you posted in the wrong forum????

Oh and OP, I used to take my French cars to Steelite, where they custom made towbars to fit, at very reasonable rates. Who knows what you will be charged to valet the headliner? Seeing that you can't give away your French GTi, consider Steelite. I can't see your location on my Chinese phone, so I'm not sure if you're in Cowteng or not.

no self-respecting mountain biker would be seen dead in a low profile gangsta wagon like that. How would you even drive down a gravel road to get to a bike park/trail?

Sideways, preferably

Archived