An oily roof

Anal and footmarks on the roof, in the same paragraph. Perhaps you posted in the wrong forum????

And the fact that we dealing with Lubricant on the roof in this instance ....

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had those in my old car, never managed to get them out completely.

Made damn sure I got a towbar for the car I have now, I would absolutely flip if that happened,  and it happens really easily!

Hi everyone

Thanks for the response's. Unfortunately the car was involved in a small accident over the weekend so once that is sorted, I'll be taking to a Valet.

Thanks 

Um... I'm a roadie

Well yes, you may be a roadie, but if you read carefully, the OP is a MTB'er and hence advising him to buy a roadie-mobile is a bit off target.

#justsaying

To settle this argument, I ride both  :thumbup:

Hi everyone

Thanks for the response's. Unfortunately the car was involved in a small accident over the weekend so once that is sorted, I'll be taking to a Valet.

Thanks

First hitting it with a bike and then hitting it with another car.... think the writing is on the wall ;)

Hi everyone

Thanks 

A can of Wurth brake cleaner works wonders, otherwise get some isopropyl alcohol

A can of Wurth brake cleaner works wonders, otherwise get some isopropyl alcohol

so you drink the isopropyl alcohol, go blind, problem solved??

Hi Everyone

This morning after my coffee ride I was loading my mtb into car. Unfortunately, it seems that the chain touched the roof lining and has left an oil mark. What would be the best way to remove these marks off the roof lining?

The reason I have to put the bike in the car is because:

1. I have a Peugeot 308 GTI which because of the exhaust being bigger then the normal 308 doesn't allow for a tow-bar.

2. I have roof rack however because I park in a multi-story car park, I can't have the bike on the roof. Also my work place is in Joburg town and I would prefer not tempting someone.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Upholstery cleaner and a microfibre cloth will clean that off easily - just spray, leave for a few minute and respray, leave for a few more min - then clean with damp microfibre cloth. - you might need to repeat the treatment once again - but Shield upholstery cleaner works pretty well - you can get it at pick and pay, makro, dion and the like in the automotive section.

https://www.google.co.za/imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffilterzone.co.zw%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F06%2FSHIELD-UPHOLSTERY-CLEANER.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Ffilterzone.co.zw%2Fproduct%2Fcleaning%2F&docid=nZpuZ7BK-NS6YM&tbnid=aKL3XKdcLAgVqM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwj6iPzisfvSAhVGLcAKHQjmBjIQMwgaKAIwAg..i&w=194&h=800&bih=836&biw=1536&q=shield%20upholstery%20cleaner&ved=0ahUKEwj6iPzisfvSAhVGLcAKHQjmBjIQMwgaKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8#h=800&imgrc=aKL3XKdcLAgVqM:&vet=10ahUKEwj6iPzisfvSAhVGLcAKHQjmBjIQMwgaKAIwAg..i&w=194