Drop everything... Go ride

popcorn_skollie

I have so much to do. Yet here I am casually scrolling through bikehub and youtube because I don't feel like dealing. I'll get there. Do the stuff that needs doing. Meet my deadlines. It'll get done. As always. But for now some well deserved procrastination is in order.

The last couple of weeks have just been hectic. The wife started a new job so our old routine is out the window. Its almost time for us to move house and I've just been swamped getting all my ducks in a row. Work itself has been ridiculous. Just lots and lots of meetings and correspondence about a plethora of things that has just been draining me.

Then there's all the mundane errands that need to be done and every other day its either chemist, yogurt or wedding gift I've been tasked with from the wife's shiny new desk. I've got 23 unread emails and a stack of papers looking at me. The usual month end madness. I have to pickup the kids from school at later. Deal with an electrician installing cat6 wall sockets. Something neither of us have any experience with. And just this second I got a message from the wife telling me to make sure that the cupboards guy puts enough shelves in her closet for 6000 pairs of shoes. 

And also to pick up some spices and rice when I go get the kids.

Then there's documents I need certified at the police station before I can drop them with the forms required for school applications. But I can do those tomorrow. Submission deadline for the 5th and last school we applying at is Friday.

I'm also expecting DHL today about a CRC order that's been everywhere in the world except where it should be...my house. I don't mean to overshare. But short of bullet pointing everything I'm dealing with right now is just my attempt at justifying why I feel the way I do.

If I could I would grab the Glory.

Throw it on the bakkie.

Push it up towards the top of Vasbyt.

And just nail DH3.

Even if I did it just once it would go a long way to relieve some of this tension.

Then I'd pick up the kids from school, order pizza and chill with lego and cartoons till the wife gets home.

Ever feel like that? Ever impulsively decide against adulting?

Like you just wanna drop everything...and go ride?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

haha, all that is called adulthood! And yes, we all have to go through it at some stage. BEER also helps... 

Quite a lot actually - one of my favourite fantasies is that the LBS says that they've started sponsoring Mamils to become pro bike riders because they think that because I'm slower their logo will be on display longer at races and I'm the perfect market demographic because I've got a credit card and treat my bikes like children ......

haha, all that is called adulthood! And yes, we all have to go through it at some stage. BEER also helps... 

beer solves most problems.

at least until you wake up the next morning...

Quite a lot actually - one of my favourite fantasies is that the LBS says that they've started sponsoring Mamils to become pro bike riders because they think that because I'm slower their logo will be on display longer at races and I'm the perfect market demographic because I've got a credit card and treat my bikes like children ......

Haha. Post of the day :clap:

I'm outta here... see you in a couple of hours. Today is a day I just can't be bothered and that makes me a danger to the office. So the minions can keep the clients happy, they will cherish the reigns and not see me constantly trying to get my head in the game. I'll be back later, ridden out, fired up, happy and ready to sort stuff but for now I'm useless. :)

I have so much to do. Yet here I am casually scrolling through bikehub and youtube because I don't feel like dealing. I'll get there. Do the stuff that needs doing. Meet my deadlines. It'll get done. As always. But for now some well deserved procrastination is in order.

The last couple of weeks have just been hectic. The wife started a new job so our old routine is out the window. Its almost time for us to move house and I've just been swamped getting all my ducks in a row. Work itself has been ridiculous. Just lots and lots of meetings and correspondence about a plethora of things that has just been draining me.

Then there's all the mundane errands that need to be done and every other day its either chemist, yogurt or wedding gift I've been tasked with from the wife's shiny new desk. I've got 23 unread emails and a stack of papers looking at me. The usual month end madness. I have to pickup the kids from school at later. Deal with an electrician installing cat6 wall sockets. Something neither of us have any experience with. And just this second I got a message from the wife telling me to make sure that the cupboards guy puts enough shelves in her closet for 6000 pairs of shoes. 

And also to pick up some spices and rice when I go get the kids.

Then there's documents I need certified at the police station before I can drop them with the forms required for school applications. But I can do those tomorrow. Submission deadline for the 5th and last school we applying at is Friday.

I'm also expecting DHL today about a CRC order that's been everywhere in the world except where it should be...my house. I don't mean to overshare. But short of bullet pointing everything I'm dealing with right now is just my attempt at justifying why I feel the way I do.

If I could I would grab the Glory.

Throw it on the bakkie.

Push it up towards the top of Vasbyt.

And just nail DH3.

Even if I did it just once it would go a long way to relieve some of this tension.

Then I'd pick up the kids from school, order pizza and chill with lego and cartoons till the wife gets home.

I feel you on that one. been cancelling mtb sessions with a mate week in and out due to adult responsibilities. sux when you have to plan your weekends ahead of time and realize you are "fully booked" until middle may :eek: Haven't ridden my bike in over a month and have 2 mtb builds in my garage itching to be completed.

Have the need to throw my legs over my mtb and hitting jonkers or even just a mellow session in eden.

I'm outta here... see you in a couple of hours. Today is a day I just can't be bothered and that makes me a danger to the office. So the minions can keep the clients happy, they will cherish the reigns and not see me constantly trying to get my head in the game. I'll be back later, ridden out, fired up, happy and ready to sort stuff but for now I'm useless. :)

What do you do, that allows you this kind of freedom

Just for the record, I feel exactly like the OP. 

Would rather do the Epic, at this stage than continue sitting behind this desk.  :ph34r:

I hear you, man. I have to keep telling myself, "Not now bike, we have to work!"

http://i.imgur.com/IuDWk9t.jpg

4h15m to go!

Yup.  I play and win the lotto daily in my head.  The ultimate "What if".  

But in reality, I get to ride my bike twice a week and that's already me being very fortunate compared to most.  Other than that it's gym and training bike.

But now my frame is likely cracked and with Spez to have considered for warranty, and I probably have a bunch of cracked ribs which I'm too chicken to have x-rayed, and I have chronic sinus infection, and the baby is teething, and and and and....

It comes and goes.  We just need to get to the other side in one piece.

Every. Sodding. Day. 

And days like today, where there's not a breath of wind and the weather is peachy. Just wanna chuck the bike on the back and go for a ride. Clear the cobwebs. Flush out the drudgery.

If I worked for myself I woulda done it already. But no, desk calls. And I answer. 

Yup.  I play and win the lotto daily in my head.  The ultimate "What if".  

But in reality, I get to ride my bike twice a week and that's already me being very fortunate compared to most.  Other than that it's gym and training bike.

This. So much this.... 

Every. Sodding. Day. 

And days like today, where there's not a breath of wind and the weather is peachy. Just wanna chuck the bike on the back and go for a ride. Clear the cobwebs. Flush out the drudgery.

If I worked for myself I woulda done it already. But no, desk calls. And I answer. 

Yup.  When I worked for myself, I would have been at Jonkers right about now. Now I'm on the hub...

Archived