Tell me about your "Perfect" Training Power Breakfast please

Consider a session with a dietitian ...

Very important! 

What works for one person doesn't necessary mean it will work for you. 

There is a lot of factors to consider (eg: your blood type)

.... and also, as I said in my OP it is part of an over-all diet shake-up - they eat odd things at odd times here and coupled with not having a "regular job" it's all gone a bit haywire!

When I had my sessions with the dietitian "consistancy" was discussed at great length - and in the context of eating and snacking at consistant intervals.

During the December holidays I stuck to my foods about 90% of the time, but fell out of pattern with my meal times.  Few of the snacks were were replaced with cheese of whole wheat bread - in two weeks I started gaining weight, but more interestingly, started showing it in my face ...

Back at work, back to the routine and lost that quickly.

We are taking two weeks off at the end of April, I will have to work on what I eat and when I do it.  By being VERY strict with my eating plan my diabetic meds have been reduced significantly.  But that means I must really stick to the routine ....

It is not a "curse", more about proper planning .....

Avoid sugars and refined carbs, that includes honey and agave, like the plague. They 

make your insulin overshoot so when your insulin sensitivity rises at the

start of the session you experience a mini-bonk.

Tablespoon of Peanut butter on top of a banana + woolworths dried fruit bars every hour on the hour during a ride.

done.

Tablespoon of Peanut butter on top of a banana + woolworths dried fruit bars every hour on the hour during a ride.

done.

So what do you have for breakfast? I think that was the Op's question ....  :whistling:

There once was a local hub expert on this subject. Monster and a Russian for the win if I remember correctly.

That or garage sausage roll and redbull is what you refer to as-

'I partied to hard the night before and am now going to be late for the A batch start breakfast.' This is also usully preceeded by a panado or 2 and min 1litre of water...

That or garage sausage roll and redbull is what you refer to as-

'I partied to hard the night before and am now going to be late for the A batch start breakfast.' This is also usully preceeded by a panado or 2 and min 1litre of water...

Wendy can ride with a "bobble-head". I can't, and certainly not in the heat. :-(

If I go ride first thing in the morning, and it's less than 2 hours, I'll go without anything to eat. So does that mean my breakfast would be the post-ride food I would eat?

If that's case, it's 2 boiled eggs and coffee - no recovery shake or similar.

If it's a normal day (work and a long weekend ride), then I'll have an apple and some muesli (with enough milk to ensure every bit of muesli is wet). Except holidays when I don't ride... then it's usually a full on English breakfast, including toast.

There once was a local hub expert on this subject. Monster and a Russian for the win if I remember correctly.

Beat me to it.

Left over pizza alo does wonders and a green ambulance to get the sugars level...

And of course, replacing chain and chainring at 1am after said bender with the boys...makes the ride super exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double espresso and wheat free pro nutro with milk - ok.. 2 doubles... NO sugar.

Usually for training rides under 2 hours in the am I just go fasted and eat as soon as I get home.

Beat me to it.

Left over pizza alo does wonders and a green ambulance to get the sugars level...

And of course, replacing chain and chainring at 1am after said bender with the boys...makes the ride super exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK I admit I had to Google green ambulance. Never heard that before.