[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Bar one chocie, energy drink tablets and flyers for up coming ASG races. 

Asked for some tabs and never saw any chocs.....

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW do you bonk on flat 40km route????

Turn around...........close your eyes........bend over.....

Oh....sorry....wrong thread.  :whistling:

Ja me neither.. got some Tabs in the pack.. but no Chocs in sight.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

The tabs were in the envelope, as you enter there is a young lady handing chocies out. It is your right to demand that you be given one. 

Most races have number collection on race day except if you are lic, but that's not my fight so perhaps the lic guys need to take this up with CSA and the orgs as I'm certainly not going to boycott a race because the lic riders who make up a small % of entries cant pick up their numbers on race day. 

Edited by scotty

The tabs were in the envelope, as you enter there is a young lady handing chocies out. It is your right to demand that you be given one. 

Was there yesterday...chocs were possibly still being off loaded as they were still setting up a few stands etc. after 11:30 and collection was from 10...

Apparently there was no power either so you had to walk a K to get to the nearest ATM to pay for late entries (not for me but for a friend).

Oh well  :mellow:

Number collection is stopping people from entering races. Many people live just far enough to take an early morning drive to the race , but don't see their way open to collect numbers. So they just do not enter.

We have to start entering but refuse to collect a number . If it's not available on the morning you make your own. You go to the start pen and if an official gives you grief you tell him to piss off . More and more do . They will have to change the system.

You only need the nr to be identifiable .I have been making my own nr for 3 years already and never had a problem .If they want my entry money they must not give me grief over it !

Was there yesterday...chocs were possibly still being off loaded as they were still setting up a few stands etc. after 11:30 and collection was from 10...

Apparently there was no power either so you had to walk a K to get to the nearest ATM to pay for late entries (not for me but for a friend).

Oh well  :mellow:

Perhaps i was there around 2pm. 

You only need the nr to be identifiable .I have been making my own nr for 3 years already and never had a problem .If they want my entry money they must not give me grief over it !

The problem with this is Medical Support. Our entries include emergency medical support. If you go down and have to med evac'ed they will send you the bill. ( I know of someone that had this happen to him)

I have no problem paying for events as there are costs involved. But it has to be reasonable.

The number collection thing I think is a ploy to get people to buy stuff in store..

The problem with this is Medical Support. Our entries include emergency medical support. If you go down and have to med evac'ed they will send you the bill. ( I know of someone that had this happen to him)

I call BS.

If I entered, have a race number (not the official printed number but the correct number)......

"uuuuhhh.....sorry sir.....please pay me because your number was printed in Arial 15 and not Sherif 25."

I have no problem paying for events as there are costs involved. But it has to be reasonable.

The number collection thing I think is a ploy to get people to buy stuff in store..

I think you might have misunderstood what Blitzer is doing:

He enters the race online and pays. He receives his race number via sms. He takes that verified number and writes it out on his own piece of paper/fabric.

Thus he is identifiable during the event of an emergency. He entered and paid for the race legally, he is identifiable, thus that wouldn't be the issue.

The only motivation I see for having a race number issued by organisers instead of having people print/create their own is that the batch-control issue becomes a problem becasue now I can simply write "AL" on my number and nobody would know. There are ways to make it a workable solution, organisers just need some motivation to change their system.

He enters the race online and pays. He receives his race number via sms. He takes that verified number and writes it out on his own piece of paper/fabric.

Thus he is identifiable during the event of an emergency. He entered and paid for the race legally, he is identifiable, thus that wouldn't be the issue.

The only motivation I see for having a race number issued by organisers instead of having people print/create their own is that the batch-control issue becomes a problem becasue now I can simply write "AL" on my number and nobody would know. There are ways to make it a workable solution, organisers just need some motivation to change their system.

Ahhh.. Clever Idea...

Maybe we should make like the Gunners fans and piggyback on Anti-Zuma marches with our own "Number collection must fall" that will show them we mean business

Still laugh every time I see this photo. 

post-27827-0-82924800-1492684529_thumb.png

Ahhh.. Clever Idea...

Just beware of the consequences of putting yourself in AL when you know you are really a GL rider... you might just regret it... :whistling:

Well if people are trying to jump into an earlier start then you get Dq'd. So that's not a problem.

I am seriously thinking about printing my own number for this, I am working in Midrand for the week and its a mission to get out to Emperors.

I will just show them the sms with race number if I have any sh!t on the morning.