[Event] Emperors Palace Classic

News bot

Some races its difficult to detail before hand, some orgs only recover their unavoidable fixed costs (metro, timing, branding), and what ever is left goes to charity, the more that enter the more that goes to charity

One such event is the Sedhaven in Heidelberg which raises money for Meals on Wheels. Tough enough but a real challenge when the wind blows. Early bird entrants also receive a gift which have been quality T shirts and even wind jackets the past few years. I consider this to be the best value for money local race.

There are so many good things about event and like you say best value for money local race. If only they could sort out the wind....

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surly you won't get an official time without an entry. I don't think they are that useless.

What will happen is that you will get a time when the provisional results are posted right after the race. But, then within 24 hours, once racetec have reconciled their finishers list with the race organizer's database of paid up entrants, you're toast. King for a day.

For what it's worth and the assist suckers who are going out to collection today or tomorrow, received this email from the organisors:

Good evening
Race numbers for paid entries will be available to collect on the morning
before the start of the race.
Kind regards
Ilse

Pity this wasn't made public in their emails or on their website.  

I'm assuming there will be many cyclists voting with their feet in 2018 and canning this new wave of rip-off races.

Im just wondering how Marathon Runners pay half what we do and get a R180 t-shirt plus goodies.. Are they not as charitable as us?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Good question my guy

That was fun! DL worked together really well (heck I even did a few turns at the front) and we managed to roll over the line just over 2h30m (Garmin).

That was a lekker one, good job!

Meh, not the best day out for me. Got dropped from the main AL bunch on the drag around the 49km mark. Came home 40 seconds faster that my race last year which was done from HL, I somehow expected better from myself.

Ah well, train harder for the next race to ensure that I'm not dropped again.

Everything went very smoothly, can't fault the organization on race day.

AL bunch raced fairly safely for the section I was with it, just one or two close passes by motorists on the single carriageway on the outbound section.

AL bunch raced fairly safely for the section I was with it, just one or two close passes by motorists on the single carriageway on the outbound section.

Stuck with the bunch till the end... Some very close calls out in the sticks.

I stuck to the far left, especially for that section, due to similar experiences in 2016.

Some guys took real chances on the last few km in AL.

An absolute tjop attempted to plough through a gap that did not exist on the final sprint and nearly took me out. Ended up swerving hard to the right while I tried to regain control of the bike. Thankfully there was nobody in the way when I swerved like that.

Was aiming for sub 3, got 2.54 plus loose change in FL. Felt I could have got 2.50 but happy as it's my first long distance road race since 2015 947.

Good racing today but some hairy moments with big trucks and traffic...nice vitality snack & drink afterwards.

Note sure whether it's money well spent.

Was a major crash early on in CL which I managed to avoid. Hope all are ok but did not sound nice! Otherwise the bunch pretty much stayed together to the end. Bunch was a little skittish all race and there are guys taking gaps that do not exist which added to the skittish nature. Took a drink just at the wrong time right near the end and got caught out when the pace upped and I tried hard to get back on and in the mix for the sprint up the hill to the line. Did not quite make it but happy to be home safely in 2:31hr

That was fun! DL worked together really well (heck I even did a few turns at the front) and we managed to roll over the line just over 2h30m (Garmin).

That was a lekker one, good job!

I agree, was the best bunch in a while... a few of us worked very nicely up front to get a decent time!! Edited by sdaghers