And sometimes we just get lucky

Veebee

So I turned 30 today, started my day doing what I enjoy. Decided to put in some extra miles with the roads being quieter.

88km into my ride, just 2km from home, I hit the deck. Driver in a silver corsa reg HRC435MP decides that the road is his and doesn't stop at a 4way.

I slam the brakes, clip his door and go down on my right shoulder. He doesnt bother slowing down and just drives off. Thankfully the driver behind me get his reg and comes to check on me.

Derailleur hanger bent, few scratches on newish Di2 groupset. Thankfully not a scratch on me.

This chap lives in the area, random guy on the road gave me an idea of where the driver stays so will be paying him a visit with some cop buddies. People like this need to be taught about the basic decencies of life, may save me or someone else in the future.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The regularity of hit-and-runs lately is very disturbing. I still can't quite get my head around it.

Good luck with the case.

wow, as you say sometimes we get lucky, especially as it is birthday time! Glad you are ok.

Just be careful chasing down the perp.

Happy Bday dude, hope your side doesn't get anymore painful as the day progresses.

Pity about the bike damage.

For the purpose of total transparency, did you maybe also ride through the 4 way stop?

I dont totally understand the accident, but one thing is for sure, it could have been alot worse.

Happy birthday, glad you are ok.

Please get a picture of him and his car. I will put it on Twitter and personally pay to promote it on social media and get his mug all over. Driver must know that there is consequences to their illegal actions.

The lack of accountability is directly proportional to the lack of consequence.