"Dear Cape Epic, Make a Solo Category. Please."

AdrianDJ

Hey... Those caps are lekker and isnt the Epic just gravel roads anyway, almost a mass participation road event. Has all the rugby stars and celebs :P

Hi Mr Savage

Perhaps you should start a "team clinic" for all those who struggle to work together. ;)​ 

You know, for all those who think that managing a two man team is difficult......let's invite them to put together, and keep together, a 12 man DC team.  :D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mr Savage

Perhaps you should start a "team clinic" for all those who struggle to work together. ;)​ 

You know, for all those who think that managing a two man team is difficult......let's invite them to put together, and keep together, a 12 man DC team.  :D

The one thing I have learnt about teams is that ladies are a lot more complex than men. the Pure Savage ladies team is on hold till next year. They did not even manage a full ride together. 

DC is easy, you can start with 12 but only need 6 to cross the line, same ratio as starting the epic with 2 people and ending with 1 :P

I scheme if you want to make the Epic truly untamed, then they must only allow poskantoor fietse, complete with the front basket to carry the sustenance and fluids needed to finish a stage, and then take away all the water points.

In the early Epics the water points were a joke. We only got water and a bit of energade( I cant quite remember the brand).

We had to pack our pockets and camelbaks with food taken from breakfast to eat during the day if we did not want to survive on gels

Races like Sani2C and Cape Pioneer shamed them into providing better stocked water points

In the early Epics the water points were a joke. We only got water and a bit of energade( I cant quite remember the brand).

We had to pack our pockets and camelbaks with food taken from breakfast to eat during the day if we did not want to survive on gels

Races like Sani2C and Cape Pioneer shamed them into providing better stocked water points

:w00t:  No . 

Whew...okes can get their knickers into a mighty twist :w00t:

Why make decisions or assumptions for other riders and the organisers????
Freedom of choice - we live in a democracy after all (wait...let me check that with Zuma) :ph34r:

Anyway, of course there are implications for Epic on whether to include a solo category - and I'm sure they've considered it - but it is currently not available.

However, it does not preclude that this option will remain unavailable or that there are plenty riders out there that would welcome the opportunity to enter as a solo (for the various reasons provided earlier).

I know of plenty of riders who would like to do this event but cannot due to not finding a suitable partner within their circles. It is mighty tough to do with a known partner/friend, imagine a total stranger. Let the Epic organisers figure out the organisation of this.

Anyway, I reckon Aaron is right - allow the choice. Would be cool.

Safety aspect of two riders - this is not really a valid point anymore. You are rarely ever alone or if you are then not for long. There usually is always somebody behind you - the sweeps worst case.

Kom - the drop-out rate was mainly attributable to the unseasonal heat experienced. It also affected me and I rolled into the finish a bit woozy. And I'm a mid-pack rider, so well trained and proficient. Many factors play a role...