[Event] The 36ONE MTB Challenge 2018

Tanya De Abreu Fernandes

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it is easier to book the accommodation as soon as you buy the entry to prevent the struggling later on ?

Kleinplaas already full

After failed attempt in 2015 & solo finished 2016 & 2017, going for my 3rd in 2018 with accommodation already booked while at this year's event.

If you want a well organised event, endurance racing is your thing and you want to push your boundaries, 36One will certainly deliver!

Edited by TrailWarrior

• 2 weeks later...

With general entries opening 1 August, who's going next year?

I'm heading down for my second attempt, first one stopped on the Rooiberg descent due to a blown continental.

Couldn't go last year as it was too close to my daughters' due date.

Trying to put together some sort of training plan so any ideas would be welcome.

Just ride boet! Just ride!

Intervals, hill climbing and a few long hauls.....

Planning my first long haul of the training season 3rd w/end of August. All going well a 225km one day Saturday haul ;)

Edited by TrailWarrior

Just ride boet! Just ride!

Intervals, hill climbing and a few long hauls.....

Planning my first long haul of the training season 3rd w/end of August. All going well a 225km one day Saturday haul ;)

easier said than done, don't really have the time to just ride. I need some structure.

currently on a maintenance program with the odd long ride. (A mate of mine is doing Munga so I'm keeping him company) 

Still wrecked from last months riding....no more solo....2 x 4th is enough. Hooking up with a team mate. Talk crap all-night instead of strategizing...

I think my partner and I said 5 words to each other while riding!

P.S. I think you should try solo one more time ;)

Agreed 1 more time, common Vulgar that podium is waiting we can both smell it.

My Trans Baviaans is over before it even began based on doctors orders. Saw that there is a half distance option. Keen to give it a try. Before I commit for a full one

Edited by mulmi

I guess it is easier to book the accommodation as soon as you buy the entry to prevent the struggling later on ?

Riempies hotel is a lekker spot and within walking distance.  Using vitality, it seems as if there are some nice guesthouses as well.

My Trans Baviaans is over before it even began based on doctors orders. Saw that there is a half distance option. Keen to give it a try. Before I commit for a full one

I am in the same boat as you are - now you have got me thinking...