2017 UCI MTB World Cup XCO

LONE TWO

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You seriously like watching battery packs with 4 wheels going around a track :huh: :rolleyes: :D

At those speeds ....YES !

Check the last two laps of last years final race , the front 3 were going so fast that the steam roller tyres were starting to struggle in the corners

And the internet contract ?

R699 20MB uncapped Fibre with Axxess....  most people have an internet line as well as Dstv - so I don't see the full internet cost as relevant as I would have incurred this anyway.

In my case I had a 20GB, LTE contract with helkom for R400pm. So I'm paying an extra R300pm.

So all in all R600 per month; (vs Dstv Premium of R900pm)

-R300 line upgrade,

-R160 Netflix and R60 per month for Eurosport cycling (you need software that can change the location of your IP address for this - R1000 per year - so R83 per month).

- R83 VPN

AND I watch what I want when I want it and no longer suffer the ignominy of throwing my toys when the brains trust at Multichoice decide to air NASCAR instead of MTB World Cup :thumbup:

Edited by rattlesnake

Thanks Rattlesnake

As I have a capped internet line, do you know more or less how much data you would use to stream a race through Red Bull TV?

Thanks Rattlesnake

As I have a capped internet line, do you know more or less how much data you would use to stream a race through Red Bull TV?

For optimal performance I would say no less than a 10MB line

Data wise - 720p, probably 1GB an hour (ballpark).

Edited by rattlesnake

Anybody know if the U23 race will be streamed live via Redbull?

Unfortunately, it's not on their schedule and to my knowledge they haven't shown it before.

I do remember seeing highlights somewhere though. Maybe that was World Champs though.

Ladies race is going to be tight: Rissveds, Neff, Courtney Pendrel, Maya Whatshersurname are all going to fight hard for that top stop.