What goes on in your head on a long ride?

Blackheart

First 10 minutes only

• I left too late I am not going to get to the start of the club ride on time.
  • #@$@ its cold, I dont think I am warm enough.
  • Its always lekker to ride, why do you battle to get up in the morning when you know its going to be lekker.
  • It is cold, hopefully it will get better when the sun is out.
  • I love this downhill section I wish it was downhill coming home as well.
  • Stop cruising, your not going to get there in time.
  • Okay okay slow down, going to easily make it.
  • Jaaa its cold, should have added another layer.
  • Catch that guy catch him, okay no he is too fast.
  • Okay look cool
  • Nice beeeeg group this morning

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Hmm. My butt's really moist. Is it just the chamois cream or was it just a wet fart? Better pull over and have a sniff".

"Hmm. My butt's really moist. Is it just the chamois cream or was it just a wet fart? Better pull over and have a sniff".

Rather stick a finger in there

If not Chamois cream discard of glove

Rather stick a finger in there

If not Chamois cream discard of glove

I pay good money for my gloves. I'll just grab a twig or ask a buddy to have a poke about. Just gotta say "no homo" beforehand.

LSD and prayer.... now there is a thing... could get interesting anyway... :) might land up having a Steven Fry discussion with myself....

Take enough LSD and you can have a discussion with Richard Dawkins, Einstein, Newton, Calvin and even the BIG MAN himself (of course, i mean Elvis).

i talk to whomever is nearby.  about whatever is in my head.  until i stop, which means: (i) riding mate got gatvol and upped the pace; or (ii) i'm bonking and need to eat.

or, if no-one nearby, i talk to myself.  about whatever is in my head.  It's strange, but verbalising the stuff makes it rearrange into some kind or order or pattern that i can understand.  Extra bonus: it's a hellluva lot cheaper than therapy.  Extra minus: people think you're totally loco.

I pay good money for my gloves. I'll just grab a twig or ask a buddy to have a poke about. Just gotta say "no homo" beforehand.

White lycra is your friend.

http://replygif.net/i/1034.gif

I listen to music, but really listen, and try pick up on the various instruments, bass lines ect...

I often listen to the same sone 3 or 4 times in a row.,, And also sometimes imagine myself being on stage performing the song :whistling:

WAKE UP !GD8QHSHDOWYWHQODHDBWIAUA

MAKE UP ! QUWGEJWOZHGQVAGSYDOWKOSIIA

SHAKE UP ! IQYQYSOFIEHQIAIHAQHZO

Well, on Saturdays ride it was "How the $#@ does a big Dutchman win a mountain top finish against a pure climber the day after he won the TT?".

Then I spent the next 2 hours trying to figure out what masking agent they're using in the team and when the bubble is going to burst.

WTF!!!! XD XD

Long or short rides, the resultant thoughts vary widely and are often astounding or rather poor.....or a bit of both with a bit of gutter thrown in for good measure.

I want to thank you and curse you at the same time... well described there

Should I send you the co-ords of the the start....?

i  Just try and clear my head of all the **** that is going on in my life....in between "dont stop now , you can do it" or "just a little faster you can catch the guy ahead of you".....or "damn why did i forget to set my Garmin, how far until the end"

there was times where I had to get out, just go ride, but then the thoughts of needing to get out was getting me on my rides...this went on for a looong looong time.

got back into regular group riding and then long rides with mates, and those thoughts went by. I enjoyed riding again for what it is, soaking in the great feeling it gives.

I rode Jonkershoek yesterday, and all that went on in my mind was several kilometers worth of swearing on my way to the top.

(panting heavily) Holy sh*tballs, why am I so unfit... **** this mountain... and **** these rocks... Man this bike is ***... I'm sorry bike, I didn't mean that.

Archived