KTM Scarp bikes... Why can't I find any reviews of them online?

Kyle Badger

Good day fellow cyclists,

Why can I not find anything online re the new 2017 KTM Scarp bikes? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get more info re their geometry, components and some reviews would be nice too.

I just got the KTM Scarp Master brand new at a steal and im trying to find out exactly why I never see these bikes at races and if they're any good.

I still need to make a decision if I want to keep this bike or rather go to the Cannondale scalpel Si 4.

Like I said I got it at a steal. But I can still return/change it as I got it yesterday and the company I got it from said I can return it if I'm not happy with it.

I've googled everything re KTM Scarp Master, even YouTube'ed it. When I do find something it's in German or not the right bike. Just strange that there are so little people riding them.....

So you buy the bike and ONLY THEN try to find out more about it?!

If I could get A hanoki carbon frame with suspension for R1000 you bet I'll buy it and then research it...

Don't google 'Hanoki" I amde that up...

Edited by BaGearA

So you buy the bike and ONLY THEN try to find out more about it?!

Dont we ALL do that with some Cycling product one or the other time in our over-eager trigger happy purchase????????????????

That Scarp and Scalpel are quite similar bikes, if you discount the Lefty. They're race bikes, through and through.

My advice would be to spend some time on the Scarp and thereafter test ride a Scalpel and then make up your mind.

I have the same KTM.  Although I like it, its been a bit of a mission to get parts (cable grommets, hangers).  According to the shop I got it from they only import complete bikes, and did not carry any parts stock.  If anything is needed they need to remove it from a bike, or order the part in.  I also got it for way less than the Scalpel would have cost me, but I think the Scalpel is a nicer bike (I do love the Lefty).

I have the same KTM.  Although I like it, its been a bit of a mission to get parts (cable grommets, hangers).  According to the shop I got it from they only import complete bikes, and did not carry any parts stock.  If anything is needed they need to remove it from a bike, or order the part in.  I also got it for way less than the Scalpel would have cost me, but I think the Scalpel is a nicer bike (I do love the Lefty).

Actually, I would get a SESTA!!!

For what it's worth, i cracked my alu KTM frame after about a year and received a replacement without any quibbles (awesome) BUT i had to wait about 6-8weeks for the replacement (sub-awesome). It seems like the parts are rather non-standard (the RD hanger is KTM bike specific and as mentioned elsewhere if not taken from a donor bike it has to be ordered in), the pitch of the thread of the rear through axle is wider than standard readily available ones so that's also a pain. Same with the shock bushings...

I am quite accident prone and went through a lot of parts. In the end i bought a cheap HT just to bridge me over the times i was waiting for parts for the KTM.

Not quite the same bike, but I bought my Phinx 1.29 in 2015 (also at a steal, from RAD Moto in Rivonia) and have had absolutely no trouble with the bike, apart from when a stone chipped the shock's air body. I'm a fat bastard, so for me to spend more money for a carbon frame and more "race oriented" design of the Scarp didn't make sense.

I've fitted AC Wide Lightning wheels with Maxxis/Spez rubber, and I love the thing! (almost as much as my FatBike :) )

Hangers, etc are a pain to get, but nothing undoable! Order, wait, pay.......

Ride the snot out of your bike, and if you really get to it's limits, then look around: My 2c worth