Team Transfers and Rumours 20/21

Cav'

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of rumors floating about since it's Aug 1st.

Landa trying to go back to Astana

Stefan Küng seems to be heading to Groupama/FDJ

Soler to Sky apparently

André Greipel to Fortuneo-Samsic

Cavendish to Aqua Blue

GREIPEL to Furtuneo is now confirmed.

What a mentor, he brings so much knowledge with him and still capable of some wins during the year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

GREIPEL to Furtuneo is now confirmed.

What a mentor, he brings so much knowledge with him and still capable of some wins during the year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

wonder what his salary deal was in the end (compared to the cut he turned down at Lotto)

Woah. Well that is one way to get a rider and nail all the circling sharks (well at least for a year). Well done Aqua Blue Wout Van Aert is yours for 2019. After buying the holding company that owns his current Willems-Crelan team Aqua Blue get all assets inc riders contracts.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-aert-to-ride-for-aqua-blue-sport-as-irish-team-acquires-verandas-willems/

It seems this was fake news. According to Velonews website.

It seems this was fake news. According to Velonews website.

Shame, that would have been a different kind of move to pick up a very hot property.

Good signing (Valgren) His salary must be inline with what they paid EBH. (Who's set to leave possibly) 

They need to try and get some of Movistars climbers IMO.

Good signing (Valgren) His salary must be inline with what they paid EBH. (Who's set to leave possibly) 

They need to try and get some of Movistars climbers IMO.

I'd like to know what the game plan is for DD. If you look at Mitchelton-Scott they had a clear goal to move from a stage team to a GC team and have been pretty clear with that. I'm not sure DD are sure looking at their current team, signings and anonymity in lot of racing this year. Hope the injury rate will be less and we can see what the team can do in 2019. They've won 1 stage of the Dubai Tour, 1 stage of Tour of the Alps, 1 stage tour of Norway this year. 

I'd like to know what the game plan is for DD. If you look at Mitchelton-Scott they had a clear goal to move from a stage team to a GC team and have been pretty clear with that. I'm not sure DD are sure looking at their current team, signings and anonymity in lot of racing this year. Hope the injury rate will be less and we can see what the team can do in 2019. They've won 1 stage of the Dubai Tour, 1 stage of Tour of the Alps, 1 stage tour of Norway this year. 

They have VISION 2020, which has a clear goal:

Win the TdF in 2020 with an African rider.

What they are doing about that...that's the question!

Wyss official announced for DD after 11 years with BMC. 

Guatier to Vital and Duchesne resigns with FDJ. 

Edited by Dirt Tracker

Wyss official announced for DD after 11 years with BMC.

Guatier to Vital and Duchesne resigns with FDJ.

He obviously likes his BMC so wants to make it 12 years.

Massive, should be interesting to see if that is actually in anyways true

I'm guessing it's a bargaining chip but you never know. CR has a habit of being right more often than not and I'm guessing Froome is wanting to go full gas for Le Tour after this year leaving Sky with a new puzzle. Defending champ vs sole focused 4 x winner? Both will want the team behind them and it's a very different equation than this year for Sir Dave B to juggle. Maybe Geraint has unfinished business at the Giro and is chilled about the Tour for 2019.