Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

Now if only one could see them out on the trails...

...........oooooooo....Pyka, you have been called out tchjina!

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Jeffsy 27 or 29? My last trail bike was a Stumpjumber 26er.

I think this depends on what you want it for. I have the 29, coming from a JHB cross country type of background I haven't quite got to flinging it off rock ledges and technical enduro tracks  yet but have just done the berg and bush on it and I can say it made a HUGE difference to my confidence and enjoyment descending 600 vertical meters off the drakensberg. While doing this, it still pedaled efficiently and climbed as well as my old anthem (if a little heavier) over 205km of riding.

With 150mm of travel I would assume the 27 is slightly more trail/dh focused than the 29, either way, both get nothing but phenomenal reviews.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Sunday at Tokai I was luckly enough to give one (Jeffsy 29) a try. A friend of a friend was kind enough to let me ride his new Jeffsy. 

Being 175 and on the cusp of medium and a large frame I always felt that medium 26er/650b were a tad small and the large too big. With a 26er/650b I felt as if I was on top of the frame instead of in the cockpit where I would like to be.  

With the stock medium jeffsy 29 for the first time I felt like I was sitting in the cockpit (hope this makes sense). The bike was super plush and just ate up everything in its path but the bike still felt responsive and playful.

I love love love the reach on the medium. Its as if YT built a frame just for me :). 

I was totally blown away by the jeffsy so much so that  when I got home I opened my laptop and googled for everything jeffsy and even raved about it to my wife. She pretended to be interested, what a sweetheart :).

My cheek muscles were aching from all the smiling. 

Jeffsy 29 ordered. :D

Edited by YUMEYA

Sunday at Tokai I was luckly enough to give one (Jeffsy 29) a try. A friend of a friend was kind enough to let me ride his new Jeffsy. 

Being 175 and on the cusp of medium and a large frame I always felt that medium 26er/650b were a tad small and the large too big. With a 26er/650b I felt as if I was on top of the frame instead of in the cockpit where I would like to be.  

With the stock medium jeffsy 29 for the first time I felt like I was sitting in the cockpit (hope this makes sense). The bike was super plush and just ate up everything in its path but the bike still felt responsive and playful.

I love love love the reach on the medium. Its as if YT built a frame just for me :). 

I was totally blown away by the jeffsy so much so that  when I got home I opened my laptop and googled for everything jeffsy and even raved about it to my wife. She pretended to be interested, what a sweetheart :).

Well Well , so it wasn't only me who had this experience , I rode a Stumpjumper before Jeffsy , the day I got onto the demo bike for the first time , it was like all the little pieces that were missing fell into place , I am also 1.75 m tall and the medium felt like it was built for me , you fit In the cockpit rather than being perched on top, the nimbleness , the grip and the playfulness astound , I got home after the test ride , plastic surgery was needed to remove the grin from my face and in the euphoria I refused to give them the demo bike back , I wanted to keep it forever...  much to my dismay ..They made me give it back as it was the only medium demo here in Gauteng , sad face... but 3 days later I had my New bike delivered to my door and the Good Times Began....

This is a great Bike , value for money and built for pure enjoyment .

Enjoy ...

This explains it all : https://youtu.be/ZdUmFQj8zwA

Nice.

My one mate has just got a 29er Jeffsy. He is RAVING about it. And he comes off a Carbon Nomad with all the bells & whistles.

Well Well , so it wasn't only me who had this experience , I rode a Stumpjumper before Jeffsy , the day I got onto the demo bike for the first time , it was like all the little pieces that were missing fell into place , I am also 1.75 m tall and the medium felt like it was built for me , you fit In the cockpit rather than being perched on top, the nimbleness , the grip and the playfulness astound , I got home after the test ride , plastic surgery was needed to remove the grin from my face and in the euphoria I refused to give them the demo bike back , I wanted to keep it forever...  much to my dismay ..They made me give it back as it was the only medium demo here in Gauteng , sad face... but 3 days later I had my New bike delivered to my door and the Good Times Began....

This is a great Bike , value for money and built for pure enjoyment .

Enjoy ...

This explains it all : https://youtu.be/ZdUmFQj8zwA

AMEN!! The bike Gods heard us bro!! Hallelujah! :) cant wait to take delivery. 

Nice.

My one mate has just got a 29er Jeffsy. He is RAVING about it. And he comes off a Carbon Nomad with all the bells & whistles.

Serious? And y not the Capra? Edited by TAAHIRWP

Please don't make me PM you nuh.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

save me the agony please dont