Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

Such a fun bike. I really love mine.

There's 2 big negatives tho.

1. The rear shock on mine didn't have a lock out and the pedal bob did my head in. 

2. Chainslap city. I still need to get a chaintamer.

Mine came with a Open/Trail/Lockout option .... on the smoother climbs I do use the trail function as it picks you up out the sag a bit and allows for a nicer climbing platform ... it does still open nicely if in trail and seated climbing over rocks, etc. A good example of this is if you are climbing back up to the mast from the Bloemendaaler direction and you have that last section before the mast with the rock garden.

Chainslap .... mine is silent, the only noise I had in the beginning was the cable retention clamps needed tightening ... it made it sound like you were riding with a tin filled with loose change :P

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine didn't either but I have put a 2 can Monarch plus on there with bands. The jury is still out.

I have a Fox Blah blah and fancy It's gold.

I don't have an issue with chain slap... Maybe I'm not going fast enough!!!

You do have chainslap. You just can't hear it. Your issue is probably as a result of years of surfing in the cold Atlantic without a hoodie. Because hoodies are for ballies.  This has caused a problem commonly known as surfers ear. It's easy to sort out. A doctor just shoves a Hilti into your ear.

Did yours come with the E13 dropper ... my dropper is not a happy camper ... keeps over rotating ... and not the little left to right wiggle that free play gives ... I am talking about when you climb up a switchback and your hips end up pointing in one direction and your bike the other.

Mine came with a reverb but I swapped it out for a Giant unit coz the reverb had too much of drop for my shortarselegs.

I'd actually love to take a saw to my seat tube and then fit a dropper where i could get max drop. But I'm not that brave at this point. I think I could get away with a 140mm dropper if I did this. I'm running a fake spez power saddle (the ryder one) which my backside loves for the climbs but it does get in the way a bit on descents.

But IMO these types of bikes are full of compromises so I'm ok with that.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

Mine didn't either but I have put a 2 can Monarch plus on there with bands. The jury is still out.

I have a Fox Blah blah and fancy It's gold.

I don't have an issue with chain slap... Maybe I'm not going fast enough!!!

You do have chainslap. You just can't hear it. Your issue is probably as a result of years of surfing in the cold Atlantic without a hoodie. Because hoodies are for ballies.  This has caused a problem commonly known as surfers ear. It's easy to sort out. A doctor just shoves a Hilti into your ear.

hahahahaha I just laughed so loudly the cat judged me hard!

I am deaf. From 30 plus years of surfers ear! hahahahaha

Mine came with a reverb but I swapped it out for a Giant unit coz the reverb had too much of drop for my shortarselegs.

My post slammed all the way down with collar to the top of the seat tube is just the absolute perfect saddle height for me ... so super lucky that I could use the long drop E13 and that it will always be flipping easy to get my saddle height right if I take the post out of the frame :)

I am deaf. From 30 plus years of surfers ear! hahahahaha

Same. My better half wants me to get the op but THERE IS NO FKIN WAY I'm going to let an oke with a Hilti near my head.

Same. My better half wants me to get the op but THERE IS NO FKIN WAY I'm going to let an oke with a Hilti near my head.

I am 15 ear ops down and both me, the wife and the ENT have given up.

I don't mind. I can get away with 'selective hearing'..... 

I am 15 ear ops down and both me, the wife and the ENT have given up.

I don't mind. I can get away with 'selective hearing'.....

I have also developed "selective hearing."

I don't surf, my wife thinks it's because I live around diesel engines. My hearing is fine, I just don't want her to know that.

I have also developed "selective hearing."

I don't surf, my wife thinks it's because I live around diesel engines. My hearing is fine, I just don't want her to know that.

Screenshotted, will use for for leverage somewhere down the line ;) hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

The best friends tend to get you into trouble no and then and Jeffsy is no different. Broke my collarbone and tore the ligaments off over easter weekend on Paarl DH track. I still have a plate and screws inside me to show for my “fun times” with ‘ol Jeff ^_^

That said we became best buds again last weekend when I tried the new Banhoek trails. This MUST be the absolute perfect trails ever built for Jeffsy. It epitomizes “trail riding” in my opinion. If you haven’t taken your Jeffsy there yet, GO!!!

Oh and pointed a colleague to the goodtimes.co.za website where I bought my Jeffsy from. They still show previous year models on sale but when he phoned they said something to the effect that that site shouldn’t even be up anymore and that he should contact Black Sheep Cycles for YT purchases. 

Bit poor form to leave the site up and create expectations. 

Seems rather difficult to get hold of a YT in SA these days.