Everything YT Industries

Johnny Lawless

My 2c:

I had a 2016 Specialized Camber (120mm/120mm 29er). I bought a 140mm Fox 34, amazing fork, ruined the bikes handling, LOL. I couldn't get the fork to work with the rear shock - keep in mind I am a noob. Got a 120mm air-spring for the Fox 34 and then it was absolutely amazing.

Less is more sometimes. 

PS: I had a Jeffys and think 150mm would work fine, I think 140mm would be better though as my Jeffsy felt like it collapsed into the rear travel when climbing. My bike was slightly too small for me though.

That is a problem with the Jeffsy out the box, especially with the single function Monarch with a basic rebound adjust and no on the fly compression settings.

Made worse when guys 'lock out' their fork and the bike basically bends in half under load.

@Hairy.... Bro, BaGear is right... That cable tie... I can't sleep....

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please cut that cable tie off your shock body , the hairs in my ear are cringing 

As using it to check the sag ... It is no longer there anymore :)

That is a problem with the Jeffsy out the box, especially with the single function Monarch with a basic rebound adjust and no on the fly compression settings.

Made worse when guys 'lock out' their fork and the bike basically bends in half under load.

@Hairy.... Bro, BaGear is right... That cable tie... I can't sleep....

You bunch of no sleeping, hair raising roadies might be eased to know that the cable tie was very loosely fitted.

You bunch of no sleeping, hair raising roadies might be eased to know that the cable tie was very loosely fitted.

The word roadie is no longer an insult brah.

When I bought my first road bike AAAALLLLL my burly mtb mates ripped me to shreds about my road bike.

Fast forward a few years and all of them have road bikes. All. And they are klapping the kms. Doing group rides. Buying the kit. etc etc etc. Some of them still pretend in that they call their bikes gravel bikes but let's be real here. Gravel bikes are just road bikes with fatter tires.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

When I bought my first road bike AAAALLLLL my burly mtb mates ripped me to shreds about my road bike.

Fast forward a few years and all of them have road bikes. All. And they are klapping the kms. Doing group rides. Buying the kit. etc etc etc. Some of them still pretend in that they call their bikes gravel bikes but let's be real here. Gravel bikes are just road bikes with fatter tires.

Does anyone know if I, as the creator of this thread, can block this guy from posting here?  ;) 

Does anyone know if I, as the creator of this thread, can block this guy from posting here?  ;)

Not possible ... he sends all his Hub posts via SA postal services...old school kind of guy!

Has anyone gone from a alu to a carbon Jeffsy and was it worth it in any noticeable way? For the sake of the question let's say the move will cost around 5k.

I mean: 

> The weight saving is minimal as far as I know

> What about stiffness and how that translates to the riding experience?

> How nice it looks is probably the biggest reason I want it....terrible I know

I'll hazard a guess that the buying of road bikes came after they turned 30 (or 40) and suddenly found themselves in responsible positions at work and family?

Ito over forking the jeffsy, I regularly switch my DPA Pike on my Trance between 150 and 160. It climbs like a fat dog at 160, and in less rowdy trails feels better at 150mm. It's only in the steep or big descents and when going hard that it harnesses the 160 properly. If I had to select a single setting I would pick 150mm.

I'll hazard a guess that the buying of road bikes came after they turned 30 (or 40) and suddenly found themselves in responsible positions at work and family?

Ito over forking the jeffsy, I regularly switch my DPA Pike on my Trance between 150 and 160. It climbs like a fat dog at 160, and in less rowdy trails feels better at 150mm. It's only in the steep or big descents and when going hard that it harnesses the 160 properly. If I had to select a single setting I would pick 150mm.

Just for context, what travel did the Trance come with from Giant...130mm? If that's the case then 160mm would seriously have screwed up its intended geometry figures. Even 150 might be pushing it a bit or not?

Just for context, what travel did the Trance come with from Giant...130mm? If that's the case then 160mm would seriously have screwed up its intended geometry figures. Even 150 might be pushing it a bit or not?

140mm front and back. But the A2C length on the stock 140mm fox32 is only slightly shorter than the Pike at 150.

The drawback to over forking a bike is that the seat angle is slackened, and reach is shortened. To compensate I slammed the seat forward, dropped the handlebar by one spacer, and put a 5mm longer stem on (but the 40mm stem I had on was too short with the stock fork as well.)

Damit, The itch has been scratched :cursing: :whistling:

Haha, I was also considering it. Did you buy it? Probably saved me some money if you did, lol

Haha, I was also considering it. Did you buy it? Probably saved me some money if you did, lol

Behold its splendor. Super stoked about it, now is just getting all the parts together.

post-59319-0-50065700-1592070466_thumb.jpg

So the fork setup has be a bit puzzled, I've always been someone for the 150mm to 160mm range which I dont  think would be a problem on this bike. Whats would be the suggested travel on these bikes?

Edited by Bomberman

Behold its splendor. Super stoked about it, now is just getting all the parts together.

Congrats man, I’m jealous but just happy to have another member in the family. You will love it