E-bike Strava chasers

Quagga

Lately I have been getting kudos from very random people that don't follow me. Some of them are local but don't live anywhere near me and some are from other countries. Anyone else getting this? How do people actually check rides of people they don't follow? Most of my riding is done alone so its not even like I am with someone they know.

Have you joined a club/group recently?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lately I have been getting kudos from very random people that don't follow me. Some of them are local but don't live anywhere near me and some are from other countries. Anyone else getting this? How do people actually check rides of people they don't follow? Most of my riding is done alone so its not even like I am with someone they know.

"other countries"  =  Zwift maybe?

Welcome to the world of 'Likes for Likes'. You'll find it on any social media platform (and yes, Strava is basically social media). 

yes but you can't feed hungry children with a Strava like

Hmm ja, Some peter sagan fan group. I reckon you spot on. Thanks

It's like Instagram. They are giving you kudo's in the hope that you start following them. The more people follow you the more of a b@d@ass you are. It's fake ego stroking masturbation.

Personally I don't want anyone following me coz then they'll see how utterly pathetic I am. 

Edited by Duane_Bosch

It's like Instagram. They are giving you kudo's in the hope that you start following them. The more people follow you the more of a b@d@ass you are. It's fake ego stroking masturbation.

I believe the correct term is "Circle-jerk"

Edited by LouisVanAlphen

Personally I don't want anyone following me coz then they'll see how utterly pathetic I am. 

lol well it ain't working and they gooi me plenty kudos. I am not interested in following someone I don't know/know of. Your pics on IG recently were lekker, I was very jealous.

Check your privacy settings periodically. I'm quite paranoid about it so only people whom I personally know follow me. 

If you train alone then set your FlyBy to private as well. No one can see your ride but you can see theirs if they aren't hidden as well. 

Strava has become far too "social" for me. But if that's the direction they want to take, so be it. Useless to analyse your rides. GC (Garmin Connect and GoldenCheetah for that matter) do a much better job. King of Mountain should be renamed King of Segment, since many KOMs here are nowhere near mountainous. 

Also received a few lately and they are mostly European based. Happens mostly after riding an event.

Edit: I have never threatened a single KOM so don't know why they would bother to follow me so probably just an ego thing as mentioned above.

Edited by Ferro

I also don't get guys who upload Strava when they went to gym... 

Stationary bike.... 1hour, 0km and a little orange dot with a tiny wobble where you got off to pee or have a chunder.

I was asked the other day 'Do you even still ride bikes? Your Strava account is so inactive?'....

I also don't get guys who upload Strava when they went to gym... 

Stationary bike.... 1hour, 0km and a little orange dot with a tiny wobble where you got off to pee or have a chunder.

I was asked the other day 'Do you even still ride bikes? Your Strava account is so inactive?'....

For some its a fitness tracker and those sessions add to your CTL