Please help a preemie

2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First the excellent news: Both TB and CF tests are negative. Thank heavens!

Now the bad: Bunny's lungs are in terrible shape and filled with thick mucous. This creates the perfect environment for pathogens to thrive. No infection is ever really cleared up and she gets flare-ups, with the bugs becoming more and more resistant to antibiotics. On Tuesday they will clean and suction out what they can with her under general anaesthesia. That will be followed up with 28 days of antibiotics specific to the organisms she tested positive for.

As for the next few years, she will need lots of physiotherapy, no more "school" and limited social contact. Poor baby :( She will have to stay home. Her parents are currently weighing their options regarding the cost of hiring a nanny vs mum staying home, but this is a major blow.

First the excellent news: Both TB and CF tests are negative. Thank heavens!

Now the bad: Bunny's lungs are in terrible shape and filled with thick mucous. This creates the perfect environment for pathogens to thrive. No infection is ever really cleared up and she gets flare-ups, with the bugs becoming more and more resistant to antibiotics. On Tuesday they will clean and suction out what they can with her under general anaesthesia. That will be followed up with 28 days of antibiotics specific to the organisms she tested positive for.

As for the next few years, she will need lots of physiotherapy, no more "school" and limited social contact. Poor baby :( She will have to stay home. Her parents are currently weighing their options regarding the cost of hiring a nanny vs mum staying home, but this is a major blow.

Good news on the TB and CF tests.

I hope they are able to get bunny strong real soon and are able to come to a solution regarding her daily care.

The emotional rollercoaster never stops... Karmi and Albertus were conceived after years of trying and in vitro fertilization. Now, Karmi the miracle baby, is going to have a miracle sibling in April 2019 without medical intervention. Go figure :D

post-63219-0-35306600-1537703761_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2bliss

The emotional rollercoaster never stops... Karmi and Albertus were conceived after years of trying and in vitro fertilization. Now, Karmi the miracle baby, is going to have a miracle sibling in April 2019 without medical intervention. Go figure :D

Aaaw.. congrats to the family..

Thanks all.  Obviously, this blessing was unplanned, but wonderful.  The only thing is that Karmi's mum is extremely nervous.  I just have to believe that the pregnancy and delivery will be 100% uneventful this time.

The balance bike for Karmi's second birthday might have to be a unisex colour...  :D

Amazing news... the wonders of nature. I'm sure things will go great

Hubbers, Karmi as you have never seen her before - very unhappy. She is sick and they poked the poor little thing all over trying to find a vein. Even her feet! They finally found a vein in her arm and now it is splinted so she cannot bend it! Bunny is NOT impressed. The CT scan and procedure to clean out her lungs will be performed tomorrow. She has lost 500g in the past two weeks.

post-63219-0-81851700-1537901047_thumb.jpg

Edited by 2bliss

Hubbers, Karmi as you have never seen her before - very unhappy. She is sick and they poked the poor little thing all over trying to find a vein. Even her feet! They finally found a vein in her arm and now it is splinted so she cannot bend it! Bunny is NOT impressed. The CT scan and procedure to clean out her lungs will be performed tomorrow. She has lost 500g in the past two weeks.

"Dit is my lyfie, en ek se nee, nee, nee!"-Babelela

Shame man, poor little lady  :( 

Hope she gets better asap

This remarkable story was small glowing ember in a very hollow and dark place for me/us at the beginning of this thread.

Life opened it's chapter on the dark pages, where absolutely nothing was written........no reason, no understanding, and no meaning!

Karmi became our anchor in hope.

The little glowing Karmi ember has since became a bright light for our compass, and the dark pages has been turned over.

To all parents that has suffered despair on the road to parenthood, never loose hope, and always expect a miracle

Shame man, I hope everything goes well today!