Please help a preemie

2bliss

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And thanks "The J" for not starting a post regarding the request for prayer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am sure your fingers were tingling like mad !!!

And thanks "The J" for not starting a post regarding the request for prayer. :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am sure your fingers were tingling like mad !!!

Not really. Luckily it said "those that believe". That's a thing though. If someone "doesn't believe" there is this automatic perception that they must be a horrible person for some or other biased reason. Couldn't be  furthest from the truth. I'm hoping with all my heart that Karmi pulls through this difficult phase and comes out stronger afterwards! More than that, doesn't matter what I do, won't make a difference in this. All I can do is hope. 

Hi all - 2bliss asked me to give a status update on Karmi.

First - there has been little positive progress and Karmi is struggling.

Second - Little Karmi will be going through the bronchoscopy procedure again tomorrow. This time two paediatric pulmonologists will attempt to pull it off. They are continuing to treat and test Karmi for all possible conditions and genetic problems but this is complicated by her current health status.

Third - 2bliss herself is not well and is currently hosptalised but is hanging in there but not in a position to respond to all the posts - I will try to keep you all updated as and when I can.

In the meantime please continue to keep Karmi and her family and friends in your thoughts- as well as 2bliss.

Hi all - 2bliss asked me to give a status update on Karmi.

First - there has been little positive progress and Karmi is struggling.

Second - Little Karmi will be going through the bronchoscopy procedure again tomorrow. This time two paediatric pulmonologists will attempt to pull it off. They are continuing to treat and test Karmi for all possible conditions and genetic problems but this is complicated by her current health status.

Third - 2bliss herself is not well and is currently hosptalised but is hanging in there but not in a position to respond to all the posts - I will try to keep you all updated as and when I can.

In the meantime please continue to keep Karmi and her family and friends in your thoughts- as well as 2bliss.

Thanks for update.

They are in our thoughts.

Sterkte Karmi!

So now there are 4.5 people involved in hospital .....

Karmi, Mom (and a 0.5) Dad and now 2bliss.

And I am amazed that 2bliss has been so supportive of them without saying anything about herself. Her selfless nature is admirable!

Update:

From Karmi's parents: Karmi' s bronchoscopy has been completed.  One doc per lung.  They had to stop frequently due to desaturation.  The more mucous and dead material they got out, the better it went.  She is stable, but obviously still on the ventilator.

My contraction of the more detailed medical stuff: There will be further testing done when she is more recovered post this procedure.

On 2bliss conditoon - She has developed pancreatitis from a chronic medication she has been taking for years.  She is being stabilised on new medication which is hoped to be as effective eventually. She DOES NOT want this thread to be about her, so I won't expand on that - she knows you are all supportive and she is grateful for that, but keep the focus on Karmi.

Update:

From Karmi's parents: Karmi' s bronchoscopy has been completed.  One doc per lung.  They had to stop frequently due to desaturation.  The more mucous and dead material they got out, the better it went.  She is stable, but obviously still on the ventilator.

My contraction of the more detailed medical stuff: There will be further testing done when she is more recovered post this procedure.

On 2bliss conditoon - She has developed pancreatitis from a chronic medication she has been taking for years.  She is being stabilised on new medication which is hoped to be as effective eventually. She DOES NOT want this thread to be about her, so I won't expand on that - she knows you are all supportive and she is grateful for that, but keep the focus on Karmi.

tx for the update doc