Contador to Retire

shaper

Wow cyclists are a funny bunch. Crucify Lance at every opportunity because he's literally the Satan of cycling, but Contador just made a mistake and the slight blemish of a positive test and being stripped of a TDF win won't stop the community from gushing over an apparently wonderful career.

Boggled.

not boggling at all, Lance was a D005 about it. When he fell, he fell hard.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be missed for sure... hope he can give it one last go at the Vuelta and do some spectacular attacks.... even if they come to nothing in the scheme of things.

Could be some interesting tactics being his last GT !! 

He should just Edgar himself till he is green and go out in a bang.

not boggling at all, Lance was a D005 about it. When he fell, he fell hard.

Still no logic. So he did it, like everyone else, he was just mean to a few people along the way so he's the baddie.

I can bet that Contador wasn't giving out hugs when beating people up climbs with chemical assistance.

They crucify Froome, who hasn't been caught.... Cycling support and logic.... oil and water bud.

Yeah, that has to be my favourite. Froome must be doping, he's a future cycling tumor, but hey, full gas and let's root for convicted doper Alberto.

Crazy crazy stuff.

Wow cyclists are a funny bunch. Crucify Lance at every opportunity because he's literally the Satan of cycling, but Contador just made a mistake and the slight blemish of a positive test and being stripped of a TDF win won't stop the community from gushing over an apparently wonderful career.

Boggled.

Lance systematically doped with the help of an entire team and team management for a decade and destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to expose him. . . Then decided to 'fess up. I don't think there's another rider out there who comes close in terms of the magnitude of the crime.

Shame because I used to be a fanboy and all the explanations for Lances "ability" that were given at the time made sense. He said once that if you ever had to have chemo you would never voluntarily put a drug into your body. . . . :-(

Edited by Bonus

Yeah, that has to be my favourite. Froome must be doping, he's a future cycling tumor, but hey, full gas and let's root for convicted doper Alberto.

Crazy crazy stuff.

Agree with you ! Time will tell OR maybe Porte will spill the beans soon

Lance systematically doped with the help of an entire team and team management for a decade and destroyed the lives of anyone who tried to expose him. . . Then decided to 'fess up. I don't think there's another rider out there who comes close in terms of the magnitude of the crime.

Shame because I used to be a fanboy and all the explanations for Lances "ability" that were given at the time made sense. He said once that if you ever had to have chemo you would never voluntarily put a drug into your body. . . . :-(

So you're saying that Contador did it without any help or outside assistance from his team? You're also trying to tell me that his DS, his doctors, and his Domestiques all knew absolutely nothing about it?

What Lance did wasn't right, or fair, or good. But you can't paint people with different brushes for the same offense simply because they weren't nasty or well organized in their manner of execution.

Contador can't been seen as a hero if Lance can be crucified. It's just not normal.

Let's get some perspective on El Berto's doping 'conviction'? as I remember the final report said he would not not benefited in any way from such a small dose of Clenbuterol, but it was his excuse story that fell flat.

And many other cyclists and athletes have been cleared when tested for similar doses of Clen (ie Mick Rogers)

I don't even think you can compare him to that pathological liar LA who's doping was on an industrial scale and who's abuse of trust should never be forgotten of forgiven imho.

Let's get some perspective on El Berto's doping 'conviction'? as I remember the final report said he would not not benefited in any way from such a small dose of Clenbuterol, but it was his excuse story that fell flat.

And many other cyclists and athletes have been cleared when tested for similar doses of Clen (ie Mick Rogers)

I don't even think you can compare him to that pathological liar LA who's doping was on an industrial scale and who's abuse of trust should never be forgotten of forgiven imho.

I've read reports that say smoking is not bad for you......

Isn't the whole doping argument made that people respond differently to substances? Must have made a difference if he risked taking it. And again, can't have done it all on his lonesome. Many people involved and lying on his behalf.

He should dope himself to the brim. Whats the worst they can do? Ban him? Kinda like the Kevin Evans ban. Serve your ban in retirement................

Nevermind that.. he must just keep the rubber side down[emoji53]

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've read reports that say smoking is not bad for you......

The issue was thrashed to death - my conclusion as an objective unbiased person (and certainly no fan boy) was that it was far from a clear cut issue.

The rules say that Clenbuterol is a totally banned substance, and an absolute minuscule amount was found therefore he was breaking the rules. This could have been inadvertently ingested (as the report suggested) but his Spanish steak story didn't stick because he couldn't offer proof.

And I repeat that many other athletes have been cleared for similar positive tests  of Clen claiming inadvertent congestion.

Now can we get back to The Wig and his TUE's? Drugs that are proven to give a competitive advantage 'legally' ingested with no repercussions?

He should dope himself to the brim. Whats the worst they can do? Ban him? Kinda like the Kevin Evans ban. Serve your ban in retirement................

... Or take all his sprint points.  :whistling:

Edited by Pah Bear

The issue was thrashed to death - my conclusion as an objective unbiased person (and certainly no fan boy) was that it was far from a clear cut issue.

The rules say that Clenbuterol is a totally banned substance, and an absolute minuscule amount was found therefore he was breaking the rules. This could have been inadvertently ingested (as the report suggested) but his Spanish steak story didn't stick because he couldn't offer proof.

And I repeat that many other athletes have been cleared for similar positive tests  of Clen claiming inadvertent congestion.

Now can we get back to The Wig and his TUE's? Drugs that are proven to give a competitive advantage 'legally' ingested with no repercussions?

Well, just to be real about this argument, there's already rumours flying around that EPO does not have any positive athletic effect!!! Now there's one for you. Slam dunk argument. LA will be reinstated ... in absentia ... perhaps.  :eek: