[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2018

Pure Savage

seeding!

ok i don't really do that many races and with 2017 being canned it didn't help. BUT how the hell does my 68yr old mom with her 5:19 2016 race get in the same group as me with my 4:09 2016 time?!

luckily I swung some mtb results and got moved up 35 minutes. Not sure I could have handled dicing my mom from the get go, christmas talk would have been awkws.

seeding really seems to be a lottery it seems.

My dad has not done a cycling event for more than 30years, yet they have seeded him to start at 7:50, one group behind me.

Hashtag puzzled.

Suits me just fine though as I was worried about starting in the unseeded bunched so late in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seeding!

ok i don't really do that many races and with 2017 being canned it didn't help. BUT how the hell does my 68yr old mom with her 5:19 2016 race get in the same group as me with my 4:09 2016 time?!

luckily I swung some mtb results and got moved up 35 minutes. Not sure I could have handled dicing my mom from the get go, christmas talk would have been awkws.

seeding really seems to be a lottery it seems.

My dad has not done a cycling event for more than 30years, yet they have seeded him to start at 7:50, one group behind me.

Hashtag puzzled.

Suits me just fine though as I was worried about starting in the unseeded bunched so late in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They seed the oldies earlier to give them more time to complete the course and perhaps miss the worst of the heat and the wind. It is accepted that most 70 - 80 year olds would ride the whole distance on their own and at their own pace anyway. They do not interfere with the fast riders and tend not to get too much into big bunches. 

But yes, it sucks balls when you have to tell your mates that your ancient dad got an earlier starting time than you did. :whistling:  :ph34r:  Just for the record, it's never happened to me and I have also, up to now, managed to stay ahead of my own youngsters. Next year? Who knows? 

seeding!

Sies man, why don’t you wanna ride with your Mom?

well, as always, Ocean View remains firmly at the top of most hateful places to ride. Have never enjoyed the vibe there, and today's kicker was kids on the roadside throwing stones at cyclists. Was hit on the foot and a few stones narrowly missed me.

Be warned... Ocean View is almost certainly not safe for cyclists

well, as always, Ocean View remains firmly at the top of most hateful places to ride. Have never enjoyed the vibe there, and today's kicker was kids on the roadside throwing stones at cyclists. Was hit on the foot and a few stones narrowly missed me.

Thanks for the warning

Glad you are "ok"

Any one know if/how I can arrange 'official' parking around the finish prior to getting down to CT? The race offices attitude is tough **** if you can't be here when we open the expo on the Thursday

I rode past there yesterday at about 10:30, headed towards Noordhoek and wasn't stoned thankfully.

I can't remember what the road going straight past the lighthouse and on to kommetjie is like - adding that loop in might be a good move?

I gave it one chance and the questionnaire page crashed. They probably dont need to know about my dicky bladder and wooden spleen anyway

Sies man, why don’t you wanna ride with your Mom?

ha ha!

She actually wants to do her 20th with me on a tandem, has been saying that for 10 years now.

3 years ago she breaks her arm in january, and can't really train. So I offer to ride with her on a tandem that year. Got the borrowed bike and alles

She chickened out.

Now there's no favours!

This BS questionnaire is back again. It ain't 20 questions BTW and the site is piss poor and slow.

Epic Fail CTCT again.

Wonder Why they need to know my average speed on my training rides? I guess they need this data to calibrate my pacemaker.