[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

What does the HUB feel about a possible tadem category seeing that is just one long unending gravel road?

Yoh I don't know...at least as a solo rider when you get cranky because of lack of sleep you'll be miserable by yourself.. on a tandem things my get nasty[emoji6]

When things are tough for me I don't want to see people near me..I feel better about sulking when I am on my own.[emoji24]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Edited by Gen

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What does the HUB feel about a possible tadem category seeing that is just one long unending gravel road?

Not allowed, munga rules section

If you are looking for a divorce, get your wife to do it with you...  :D  :P

Yoh I don't know...at least as a solo rider when you get cranky because of lack of sleep you'll be miserable by yourself.. on a tandem things my get nasty[emoji6]

If this qualifies as a tandem I am all in. Sign me up.

post-52018-0-49886100-1512123981_thumb.jpg

post-52018-0-98115600-1512124380.jpg

Edited by edgarblount

When things are tough for me I don't want to see people near me..I feel better about sulking when I am on my own.[emoji24]

I'm exactly the same, and I flip my lid at people for no reason

I think with finnish times this quick it could be a shift in preparation for next year's competitors, train harder for higher pace, and go super light, the lightest compulsory gear you can find, barely enough water to get between water points and 1 set of kit for whole race and a ton of caffeine to avoid sleep

So how much would be "barely enough water" between water points? Looking at the weather conditions this year, which is probably as perfect as you will ever get for the Munga, that could be 2-3 bottles between water points. 

Last year you would not have lasted 40km's with 3 bottles, nevermind make it to the next water point. 

Unless you have a very good idea of what the weather conditions are going to be like, you could perhaps risk such a strategy. 

Flip that was lietrally a F1 Pitstop for MM, on the go again, 50km lead nicely in tact. 140km to the finish = ?? 6pm?

Yoh this guy doesn't mess around

He could really make it to the finish in daylight.. this is incredible.

And it's not like the guys chasing him are doing bad..that are having a great ride too...

Edited by Gen

I know Piet Laubscher wanted to do it on a tandem and it was declined by the organizer.

There are loads of what feels like unending gravel roads, but one unending gravel road it definitely is not. 

There are loads of what feels like unending gravel roads, but one unending gravel road it definitely is not. 

Tandems can ride some serious technical roads too.

I hope there is a big road sign that says welcome to western cape..I would imagine that sign would've encouraged MM even more..

Based on the time you made this comment it has taken DG & KB 2 hours to get to the same point. so give or take, can we equate the 50km lead to = +2 hours? thats massive!! 

Tandems can ride some serious technical roads too.

Never said they couldn't. Was just commenting on the "unending gravel road" bit.... 

I know Piet Laubscher wanted to do it on a tandem and it was declined by the organizer.

Ja I think the whole challenge about the Munga is getting yourself to the finish..a big part of it I think is mental strenght....it's a battle between you and yourself...

Based on the time you made this comment it has taken DG & KB 2 hours to get to the same point. so give or take, can we equate the 50km lead to = +2 hours? thats massive!!

And MM isn't stopping for long periods of time..and even thought 2 hours is a long time..it can become very short when things go wrong.. he is taking no chases..this guy is something else...