[Event] The Munga MTB 2017

Slowbee

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This question might well have been asked last year, couldn't find it.

How do the regulations work for this race?

It is a CSA sanctioned race, so does it default to UCI regulations.

I know they're not trying to make it complicated with rules, but by having UCI means it can't be simple?

eg. from the website - https://mtb.themunga.com/how/rules

so a mtb is fine, a CX bike is fine. a gravel grinder which is not specifically either?

1. Riders may use any type of mountain bicycle provided it is in good working order and race ready prior to the start of the Race.
  2. Riders may not use a tandem mountain bicycle.
  3. Riders may use a cyclo-cross bicycle.

Lekker so far. Slowely build up

can we see you on a scale...you know, the bike has been on a diet.

• 2 weeks later...

All is on target.

Did my own Bloem Mini Munga last Saturday. 6 hours @ 123km.

Today and tomorrow 4 - 5 hours.

Next Saturday is 9 hours.

Two weeks after that the ugly 12 hour ride. Planning on hitting the road at 3 am for the 12 hours. Just a touch chilly at that time.

Edited by Vetseun

All is on target.

Did my own Bloem Mini Munga last Saturday. 6 hours @ 123km.

Today and tomorrow 4 - 5 hours.

Next Saturday is 9 hours.

Two weeks after that the ugly 12 hour ride. Planning on hitting the road at 3 am for the 12 hours. Just a touch chilly at that time.

Leker man, Smashing hours!

Curious how many hours one need to spend on training for the Munga just to finish the race ?

How long before the race one needs to start ?

Edited by GemmerK@t

Curious how many hours one need to spend on training for the Munga just to finish the race ?

I have started now. Right now a 100km is a walk in the park. I am following the Mini Munga rides for some structure.Cranking it up to ride 200 + with no issues.

But..... The head needs to be right. All the preparation in the world will not be sufficient if the mind aint right! Sleep monsters are the enemy. I love my 8 hours a night. So my plan of action now is that I drink plenty of water before going to bed. When I wake up for a pee, I force myself to get up and stay awake for an hour or two. Slowly slowly catchy monkey! I really need to complete the Munga. For me and to prove that us humans are much tougher than we ever thought we were.

I have started now. Right now a 100km is a walk in the park. I am following the Mini Munga rides for some structure.Cranking it up to ride 200 + with no issues.

But..... The head needs to be right. All the preparation in the world will not be sufficient if the mind aint right! Sleep monsters are the enemy. I love my 8 hours a night. So my plan of action now is that I drink plenty of water before going to bed. When I wake up for a pee, I force myself to get up and stay awake for an hour or two. Slowly slowly catchy monkey! I really need to complete the Munga. For me and to prove that us humans are much tougher than we ever thought we were.

Didn't your prize include a training plan?

Would love to see a snippit of it

Hi Vetseun

Munga is only in November

Cheers

hi fabes, it's actually December vettes got an extra month up his sleeve

winner got a away with very little last year due to serious heat condition. A lot of it is mental!