New Team Raleigh Bike

Jokerman

Frame:
Dedacciai HF Race Alloy Frame with Dedacciai Blacktail Race and Monobox Carbon Tail
Fork:Dedacciai Black Drive Full Carbon Fork

Now what if lets say you manage to break one of these limited edition very desirable team frames....With what will they replace it?!

Aren't the other frames down the line the same? Ultegra and 105 bikes are also Deda carbon frame?

Might be wrong, but my understanding is that RC Team, RC7000 and RC6000 will all have the same full carbon frame. Only components differ (Full Dura, 404's, Dedai etc for Team, Ultegra's and Shimano wheels for 7000 and 10 spd 105's with lower spec Shimano wheels for 6000. Therefore getting a frame should not be a problem.

The team bikes only 100 was made and 10 are going to the team. The rest was distributed to dealers according to sales during 2005/2006. Cajees obviously got the most.  Yes the RC 7000 and RC6000 has the same frame as the team bike but the forks wheels and components differ.

ja this can backfire on them - there top end bikes are for marketing only, no money being made - just to get everyone talking about a 25K Dura Ace/Zipp/Carbon bike.....now lots want them and they can't afford to "sell" so many now.

Dedacciai tubing? try Karbona, it is a factory in Taiwan that produces 90% of the worlds carbon, goto www.karbona.com and have a close look at the muscle lite frame that they make. You'll find it in the products list under bicycles. I already have one (only without the Raliegh stickers) and the frame fork and headset retails for R8000, for a full bike with dura ace and some nice deep dish wheels will retail for the same as the raliegh...???

................and while we wait the once mighty ZAR continues to lose chunks of value against the major currencies and all these bikes now cost 20% more than they would have a month ago...........

I agree with Rock; I think this marketing pitch is going to backfire on Raleigh, the talk amongst cyclist is to get the R25K bargain; most cyclists are not interested in the RC7K and RC6K; they want this special bargain!! and quite true Raleigh can not supply these RC8K. Definately more than 90 South Africans want and can afford the RC8K ... seems potential buyers of the RC8K will look at other bicycle "specials"?

The team bikes only 100 was made and 10 are going to the team. The rest was distributed to dealers according to sales during 2005/2006. Cajees obviously got the most. 

So all the Pick & Pays should get atleast one team bike?

I agree with Rock; I think this marketing pitch is going to backfire on Raleigh' date=' the talk amongst cyclist is to get the R25K bargain; most cyclists are not interested in the RC7K and RC6K; they want this special bargain!! and quite true Raleigh can not supply these RC8K. Definately more than 90 South Africans want and can afford the RC8K ... seems potential buyers of the RC8K will look at other bicycle "specials"?[/quote']

Marketing pitch is right, initially limit supply to increase demand, then later "because of increased demand" release a few hundred or so more bikes at a healthy price increase, they'll still all sell.