Building a bike for my special needs son

Wally39

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are you looking for any drivetrain components - I have some Sram MTB 11 speed stuff I would like to donate to your build if you can use them.

Hey Nick, not right now no. Thanks for the offer. Appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

Alright guys, just a quick update:

I went ahead and bought the Weehoo trailer mentioned above. Thanks Stall_Gear for the

heads up. Did a very quick set up on the retro-fit e-bike and went for a short test run with a very stoked son.

A couple of mods needed that will happen over the next week or 2 and I will then post photos with a full update.

post-71452-0-76203300-1508838080_thumb.jpg

I went ahead and bought the Weehoo trailer mentioned above. Thanks Stall_Gear for the

heads up. Did a very quick set up on the retro-fit e-bike and went for a short test run with a very stoked son.

A couple of mods needed that will happen over the next week or 2 and I will then post photos with a full update.

Nice!!! Wish you many happy miles together!

radness - this is the POWER OF THE HUB!!!!!!

pleased you got it !

i thought that "webtrades" had out bid you in the buying process

I had a look at the trailer on Friday afternoon on my way home and said to the seller, Marc Boddy, that I would take it. Would pay cash and collect Monday morning. I sent him a message on Monday morning saying I would be there to collect at 13:00. When I got there he said he had had huge amounts of interest but I had said I would take it so he kept it for me.

Definate possitive rating coming from me.

Very glad you got the bike and it was not bought and posted back on the hub for R3k. 

I love that it even has pedals! Never knew you got ones like this!

Enjoy the rides together.

Glad you got sorted !!

Please give us some feedback on the e-bike retrofit.

Any plans on better brakes ?   Seems like a heavy train for standard brakes ...

Glad you got sorted !!

Please give us some feedback on the e-bike retrofit.

Any plans on better brakes ?   Seems like a heavy train for standard brakes ...

Ja, the brakes suck! The bike is old and does not have mounts for disk brakes. Will need to do for now but at some stage I will upgrade. Once I have a couple of rides under the belt i will give some feed back on the e-bike

Not sure if it's been mentioned but there is that guy that competes with his cerebral palsy son in the Ironman's. He will have it waxed. Look and see what he uses

Archived