Pyga, yeti or santacruz

Jimmy 2.0

Hi hubbers.

I'm in the process of building up a new bike and having a hard time deciding on what to build for myself for the 2018 season. I'm looking at the pyga stage,yeti are and a santacruz tallboy.

The reasons why I chose those three Bikes I because of its 120mm travel from and 100-110mm travel rear. Making it perfect for xc semi trail bike. I'm not worried about components because the Bike is gonna be Custom built.

Im just wanting to know which is the better frame of the three.

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Friday yet...

All down to personal preference here. My choice would be Pyga because they make gorgeous bikes, proudly ZA, their aftersales support is excellent, and something about it is just very appealing to me!

I love SC, but too expensive for my wallet, and Yeti just lacks the support SC and Pyga offer in ZA. That said, you are not going to go wrong with any of these bikes, all excellent frames!

post-7854-0-26994700-1505392845_thumb.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words!

Wifey's bike ... got a 110mm upfront but I bet this bike will soak up 99% of what you throw at it

This over the ASR any day of the week.

That would be my pick.

If the OP was looking for an a Trail specific bike I would agree but the SB4.5C comes in at about 12kg so for XC with a bit of trail riding I would go for the ASR but then again the Tallboy is also an awesome machine!

Could throw the Cannondale Trigger or Habit into the equation too!

Archived